• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: Seaton Sound

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A7016.jpg
093A7017.jpg
093A7018.jpg
093A7019.jpg
093A7020.jpg
093A7021.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It was finally great to catch Mark at a show where he was not in the middle of working, allowing us to chat and enjoy some great music! And the focus here was indeed using subs to augment a music experience rather than movies.

First track I heard was: I Won't Give Up by Straight No Chaser Feat. Jason Mraz. http://shz.am/t87842296

Nice with lovely bass. As with some of these other tracks, I was hearing low frequencies that I would have thought were never there! And the mains did a credible job with this track.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A classic demo track: Jazz Variants by O-Zone Percussion Group. http://shz.am/t71160549

I am going to sound like a broken record, err CD, err digital :D, but again, this system proved the value of having speakers that go from top all the way to bottom of whatever may be in music. Surely pushes one toward having a sub.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Oh, I just realized you can't see the sub! It is behind the right speaker. It was a massive piece, pointing sideways away from walls to some extent. Getting good/non-boomy bass in these small rooms must have been tough.

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
The 8C speakers are what I have in my law office. Together with the roughly 12K albums on my server here, and with the clean sound produced by these speakers which "forces" me to turn up the volume louder than I probably should have it, Mark is the reason I don't hear my phone ring from time to time. I blame Mark for any potential clients who would have retained me had I heard the phone ring.;)

Top Bottom