• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

jakevoss96

Thank you for your N=1 statement, but it doesn't really prove anything... as @VintageFlanker says there's a pretty damn big chance you simply adapted to the new sound.
There is no scientific alternative to prove the difference otherwise. None.
Discredit someone who owns the product. Nice!

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

So just buying a product magically makes you not only an expert, but turns your hearing into a well-calibrated absolute measuring instrument?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You should have kept your first statement:
I have noticed there are some highly knowledgeable individuals here who know much more than I do currently about audio
Well,
Burn-in of DACs is a highly controversial topic and you better be very technically skilled, with some data to provide, before argue about it. I don't know anyone who measured a better performance with burn-in, especially with this kind of amplitude: A month !
@amirm managed to point some improvements with gear being dead cold (NC500) or warmer (Sabaj D5) but we're talking about temperature, not magic with something been burned in for 720 hours.

There a good chance that what you "heard" is related to psychoacoustic.

jakevoss96

So just buying a product magically makes you not only an expert, but turns your hearing into a well-calibrated absolute measuring instrument?
Lol at the baby boys jumping to try and discredit me.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Is it true that the AKM chips have a less harsh treble, or is that a myth? This looks like it is accurate, which means the treble shouldn't be sharp/colored?

Myth...
Don't worry...these are all staggeringly accurate devices.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Not discrediting you specifically, just pointing out that what you describe isn't backed by anything anywhere other than your say so and an outhouse full of similarly useless and worthless uncontrolled subjective opinions.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it true that the AKM chips have a less harsh treble, or is that a myth? This looks like it is accurate, which means the treble shouldn't be sharp/colored?
Sharp/harsh treble attributed to ESS is an established audiophile belief. If it existed, it would be either visible in frequency response, or harmonic/intermodulation distortion (also check the 32 tones test). The famous ESS Hump debate remains unsolved about that it is somewhat audible or not... Anyway, this "issue" doesn't exist with many Sabre implementations.
Conclusion: mostly a myth. And once people believe, they convince themself to hear it. Power of suggestion.

MWC

@jakevoss96
You were not to know what a nest of vipers you were walking into when making 'subjective' comments in this forum full of those practising the arcane religion of 'science' :) They have their beliefs, stick rigidly to them and do not tolerate anyone deviating from their dogma. If both sides simmer down one might be surprised at how much more tolerant each become. Forgiveness and reconciliation on both sides is required to proceed peacefully. Consider this your initiation ceremony into the cult of ASR! :)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
@jakevoss96
You were not to know what a nest of vipers you were walking into when making 'subjective' comments in this forum full of those practising the arcane religion of 'science' :) They have their beliefs, stick rigidly to them and do not tolerate anyone deviating from their dogma. If both sides simmer down one might be surprised at how much more tolerant each become. Forgiveness and reconciliation on both sides is required to proceed peacefully. Consider this your initiation ceremony into the cult of ASR! :)

Right...if you talk out of your ass, expect to be challenged.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@jakevoss96

Yes, we believe in verified evidence, not anecdotes.

There is that famous debate between Bill Nye ("the science guy") and creationist Ken Ham. At one point both were asked "what would it take to make you change your view". Bill Nye answered "evidence", while Ham basically said "Nothing, I believe (my view of) the Bible". Just like some people blindly (pardon my pun) believe what they think their senses are telling them. I guess they never heard of Galileo Galilei...

jakevoss96

@jakevoss96

Consider it proving that the claims about this website being a cess of incel man boys who rage at anyone giving their experience with a product being 100% accurate.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Consider it proving that the claims about this website being a cess of incel man boys who rage at anyone giving their experience with a product being 100% accurate.

I assume English is not your native language?

jakevoss96

I guess reading wasnt your first skill.

jakevoss96

Veri

Master Contributor
We're all trying to be polite here, yet you're the one resorting to immature name calling. I think it's clear who is the childish one.
Anyway, ignored. With an attitude like yours I'm afraid you won't be posting here for long.

jakevoss96

Good riddance incel. Go sit and disenfranchise others for your own pathetic form of existence.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Good riddance incel. Go sit and disenfranchise others for your own pathetic form of existence.

Disenfranchise? This is a voting situation? Or you've somehow had your rights threatened?

Did you vote on the answers in math or science class?

Did it hurt your feelings that your opinions weren't treated as anything other than another opinion?

Maybe you just wanted to tell everybody how it is and have us all just automatically agree?

Hard to say...I'm sure you'll just throw out more insults, so we'll likely never know quite what you were expecting.

jakevoss96

Discredit your heart out. Cry cry cry.

Top Bottom