• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No point on wasting effort on that puff of hot air. Let's just let the admins to deal with it.

jakevoss96

No point on wasting effort on that puff of hot air. Let's just let the admins to deal with it.
Yeah in the meantime you can honor your existence by discrediting someone else.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Discredit your heart out. Cry cry cry.

Maybe this will help.

IMG_20191001_063222_453.jpg

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Consider it proving that the claims about this website being a cess of incel man boys who rage at anyone giving their experience with a product being 100% accurate.
My 6 year old goddaughter can present a better argument than you , providing introspection, responsibility, maturity and intellectual value that far exceeds anything you have managed ..

It's not the forums ill , you just lack all of the above but seem to think yourself superior.

A modern sickness.

Bye

Reddy

The pll_avdd have >30mv ripple noise.
This is very bad.

I see only one 0 ohm resistor for that!!

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice meme. Still doesnt change the fact that the D50 has a break in period. Cry more incel.
Well that's a shame. Another one bites the dust, being banned before managing to get some education here... :facepalm:
Next step: going back to Head-Fi and cry about how ignorant and intolerant we are...
Facepalm all you want.
No need to ask: :facepalm:

MWC

So you guys decide to be reactionary and ramp up the abuse in both directions? Sad :(

Veri

Master Contributor
yeah let's all not lose our calm and shrug it off

Majestyk

If the sound of audio electronics can change after a period of time, wouldn't it stand to reason that some devices could end up sounding worse?

mt196

Why people cannot understand that while subjective impressions are welcomed here, they are treated as they are? Just another opinion, and thus not deal breaking? It is not that we discredit others, we just think in scientific method, therefore if there is no scientifical evidence that the d50 will change its sound after 30 days, a random guy on the internet' statement is not gonna change anything

aniki78

Good day to you all.
I wonder if anyone had the same experience like mine, recently my D50 somehow stop working with native DSD output through USB Audio Player Pro app from my phone (it only output loud noise with native DSD setting on UAPP), it's still fine playing FLAC files and Tidal streaming but the volume output drop like 5 - 10 dB (measured by my hearing only). Does this means my D50 became defective?
Thank you.

Last edited:

MWC

@aniki78 I don't know anything but I can respectfully suggest to you an avenue to explore. It might not be the electronics in the D50 it might be the configuration of the software on your phone. Investigate if there has been any changes with Audio Player Pro, maybe updates? Also check the driver for the D50. Are you using the ASIO driver provided on the Topping website? The latter may only be important if you want to play DSD, which I imagine is probably not likely with you using a phone for music.

MWC

Majestyk says "If the sound of audio electronics can change after a period of time, wouldn't it stand to reason that some devices could end up sounding worse? "
Well most audio electronics do get worse and stop working altogether over time. I think that is not a subjective statement, although it probably is an opinion, but also a 'scientific' provable fact of life. One only has to look in the skips at one's local recycling centre. I'm treading carefully here before I get my head bitten off by some zealot.

aniki78

@aniki78 I don't know anything but I can respectfully suggest to you an avenue to explore. It might not be the electronics in the D50 it might be the configuration of the software on your phone. Investigate if there has been any changes with Audio Player Pro, maybe updates? Also check the driver for the D50. Are you using the ASIO driver provided on the Topping website? The latter may only be important if you want to play DSD, which I imagine is probably not likely with you using a phone for music.

Thank you for your response, yes there's an update on UAPP app recently and that's why I still couldn't conclude that my D50 defective. I will try playing DSD files from my laptop USB to soundbar through D50 later tonight then and update you.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Good day to you all.
I wonder if anyone had the same experience like mine, recently my D50 somehow stop working with native DSD output through USB Audio Player Pro app from my phone (it only output loud noise with native DSD setting on UAPP), it's still fine playing FLAC files and Tidal streaming but the volume output drop like 5 - 10 dB (measured by my hearing only). Does this means my D50 became defective?
Thank you.

Likely some settings in DSD playback options. Maybe a volume matching option was ticked off after the update.

On my Foobar from my laptop, the playback volume on DSD is always lower compared to FLAC files, quite obviously so in fact.

MWC

DSD playback volume usually follows the Scarlet book standard set for SACDs: generally 6dB lower than Redbook.

@aniki78 You could also try using Foobar on your phone, as this is an app developed by someone working with DSD apps for a very long time. His experience may produce a superior player for DSD.

aniki78

Likely some settings in DSD playback options. Maybe a volume matching option was ticked off after the update.

On my Foobar from my laptop, the playback volume on DSD is always lower compared to FLAC files, quite obviously so in fact.

It was not playing DSD files in native setting at all, only loud noise output and the sound volume drop was with all other file types or when streaming Tidal through UAPP app even though it's on Bitperfect mode.

Last edited:

aniki78

DSD playback volume usually follows the Scarlet book standard set for SACDs: generally 6dB lower than Redbook.

@aniki78 You could also try using Foobar on your phone, as this is an app developed by someone working with DSD apps for a very long time. His experience may produce a superior player for DSD.

Thankfully the D50 was ok playing native DSD from foobar on my laptop and confirmed the issue was from my phone or USB Audio Player Pro app

I will try using foobar on my phone but yesterday I've tried FiiO music player app that could play DSD in native and same issue, only loud noise output.

Thank you for your input, at least it's confirmed that my D50 is not the problem.

Top Bottom