• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Sabaj Da3 Dac compared to Dragonfly Black

maxxevv

Major Contributor
By the way, since you are a Shure SE215 user too, do you know of a substitute regular cable (not balanced) in case that i break mine? The original Shure is way to expensive and i am sure in Amazon or AliExpress there might be good choices as well. The thing is knowing some reliable vendor who sells a good quality cable at a good price.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32916162030.html

The link I put previously also has 3.5mm jack with straight MMCX connectors. Pretty affordable and well measuring cables, though some may find them a little on the thick side of things.

Thanks Maxxevv, i thought it was balanced only but now i read again and it is 3.5 mm unbalance which is great. Thanks for your good tips again! :)

more

Adding the Sabaj Da3 balanced versus unbalanced performance:

Is it correct in stating that at 50ohm load balanced, power of 82.4mW is a voltage level of 4.12V? This then is quite comparable and actually better than the Topping NX4 DSD which is ~3.3V at 50ohm? (33ohm at 2.2V, 300ohm at 4.2V).

The reason why I ask is that I would like a balanced DAC/amp for my HD650. For some reason it sounds better using the 2.5mm balanced outputs on my Pioneer XDP-30R (dual ES9018C2M DAC's with dual ES9601K amp) vs. 3.5mm line out from my XDP-30R into an JDS Atom Amp (single ended) even though the Atom does go louder.

I maybe wrong, but I think the dual DAC, dual amp sounds better (wider soundstage) than the more raw power the Atom amp provides - I actually prefer the XDP-30R to the JDS Atom amp.

Cost aside, does having dual SABRE9018Q2C dac/amp (as in the Sabaj DA3) sound better then separate dual ES9018C2M dac / ES9601K amp (as in the XDP-30R)

Timbo2

Please forgive my newbie's ignorance, but how does this cable work with two male plugs? How do you connect your headphones to it?
I'm guessing as I don't own these headphones, but there is a female jack on the headphone themselves. It's not uncommon for various removable connections to be used on different headphones.

I'm guessing as I don't own these headphones, but there is a female jack on the headphone themselves. It's not uncommon for various removable connections to be used on different headphones.
Hmmm... I see.. I wonder how, with what terms, one would search on Ali for same balanced cable with male & female? The obvious does not always bear fruit there!

Top Bottom