• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Kees Huizinga

IMG_20200408_124443.jpg

Feyire

I've ordered the Stereo :cool:

Feyire

Did you submit a wire transfer?
Yes, all I had to do was use the IBAN number provided. Since I'm in the EU and the account provided by Okto is also within the EU (Belgium), this makes it really simple. However, I will say that I don't like wire transfers, and would strongly prefer a credit card payment option (for obvious reasons), but I trust Okto/Pavel on this for now.

Additional note on credit card payments: "Our e-shop currently doesn't accept credit cards as we are working on implementing a new payment gateway. It should be in place in a week or two. "

Did you need to provide a country?
No, because I'm within the EU and their specified account is also. However, all you should need in your case is the IBAN and the SWIFT/BIC code.

Last edited:

Feyire

1586361966142.png

A teaser from Okto e-mail :eek:

Czech6

Congratulations, hoping that the Stereo model will become a new benchmark! Looking forward to the new Tour! :D

Can the non-streaming version be later upgraded by simply adding the Raspberry Pi module? Or does it lack the integration hardware?

rickyhgarcia

Custom output voltage? How this works? If I decide to change preamp or amp, then what? What should be a kind of generic value for this order requirement? Can it be changed after delivery?

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Hello friends,
Just for your info and reference, I have just started new thread entitled "Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multi-DAC"
I misread/thought you were using a Multi-bit DAC for a moment there, in all this
never mind, carry on :D

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I misread/thought you were using a Multi-bit DAC for a moment there, in all this
never mind, carry on :D
OK, I will carry on there! Sorry, but I am not a native English speaker.... Do you have better word/expression for what I mean by Multi-DAC like DAC8PRO? In any way, I hope to see you soon in the new thread.

John1959

OK, I will carry on there! Sorry, but I am not a native English speaker.... Do you have better word/expression for what I mean by Multi-DAC like DAC8PRO? In any way, I hope to see you soon in the new thread.
English is not my native language too, but maybe multichannel or 8-channel DAC is a suggestion, to overcome possible confusion with multibit DAC which has nothing to do with it.

John

I have not used it for international payments, but I regularly send spending money to a niece in the UK using Xoom, a PayPal company. The fees seem low US$5 per transfer and the rates are not perhaps the interbank clearing rate, but all in all it seems quite reasonable. Service is excellent: when she was in Ireland a couple of days, but now that she is in London a couple of hours. I found trying to deal with interbank transfers to be an expensive nightmare. You will need the recipients bank info, address and phone/email. They keep you both updated as to the transfer status.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

jjk

Forum Donor
I am looking forward to employing the AES/USB configuration on the Okto 8(order 114/black, not received yet).
I will first try this in an HT role. Oppo 103D with the Vanity HD board (coax). I have the correct cables to connect to the Okto and it is a short run as briefed by Pavel.
USB will then be bi-directional with JRiver (Win 10/i7-7700k).
Bass management/xovers/eq/dsp and then return to Okto and analog out to 5.1+!+1 (miniDSP 2x4 HD).
According to the manual and several posts here, this should work. But what about latency? Will there be AV sync issues?
Thanks for inputs and suggestions.
Stay safe.

Top Bottom