• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Audio Measurement of LG G7 ThinQ Smartphone

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Does anyone know what vrms, such as the 1vrms, is suitable for an aux input on a car head unit?

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Does anyone know what vrms, such as the 1vrms, is suitable for an aux input on a car head unit?
No I don't...but FWIW my V30 and V60 have had no issues with the AUX input in my H-K head unit in my Mercedes.

Boubanx

This shows that the Android audio pipeline is limited to 16 bits so best to avoid it if you can. Fortunately the LG player does that and therefore, there is no need to buy USB Audio Pro (unless you like its interface better).
Hi there, where do I find this option in the phone if I do not have a uapp? Thx

Nango

Major Contributor
Newbie question: Admit this device sounds much better on its jack output BUT using Bluetooth output the signals are all equal no matter which phone I use as a player, right?? Other mobile phones I use paired under aptX with my headphone all sound poor Vs LG G7 .....is it only self suggestion?

Boubanx

Hi there
From the review
"This shows that the Android audio pipeline is limited to 16 bits so best to avoid it if you can. Fortunately the LG player does that and therefore, there is no need to buy USB Audio Pro (unless you like its interface better)."

How can I do this in my LG g7 think q? I don't have a uapp software.
Thx

pboricha

Hi there
From the review
"This shows that the Android audio pipeline is limited to 16 bits so best to avoid it if you can. Fortunately the LG player does that and therefore, there is no need to buy USB Audio Pro (unless you like its interface better)."

How can I do this in my LG g7 think q? I don't have a uapp software.
Thx
You do not need to do anything if you are using the default LG Music player

m0nsieur

You want 2vrms. That is the minimum of what most aftermarket car stereo manufactures use for pre-amp outputs. I tried an LG with quad DAC in my car with aux-in ony my factory stereo and it worked perfectly. The volume knob had about the same output as when I was playing a CD in through the factory stereo. I tried the Apple USB-C dongle (0.9vrms rated, but likely less since Android limits it to like 1/2 of that) and would have to turn the volume up much higher in order to hear on the highway. If I had changed sources to CD or FM radio at that volume level, it would have blown me away.

Top Bottom