• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel M106 versus Wharfedale Linton Heritage

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I currently have the Revel M106, but am looking at the Wharfedale Linton because of two reasons: love the looks and probably can play at higher volumes with less distortion. In terms of price I could probably sell my M106 and buy the Linton's with the stands without losing (much) money. I really like the tonality of the M106 but would it certainly lacks output in the lower regions (I have an SB2000 to support it). Has anyone listened to both of them or compared them side by side?

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I currently have the Revel M106, but am looking at the Wharfedale Linton because of two reasons: love the looks and probably can play at higher volumes with less distortion. In terms of price I could probably sell my M106 and buy the Linton's with the stands without losing (much) money. I really like the tonality of the M106 but would it certainly lacks output in the lower regions (I have an SB2000 to support it). Has anyone listened to both of them or compared them side by side?
I’m a Revel owner but the 3 way Linton might be good for your space.

Check the review here.

OP
K

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I’m a Revel owner but the 3 way Linton might be good for your space.

Check the review here.

I have seen Erin's review, but I was hoping someone did a 1:1 comparison with the M106. From what I've seen the preference score without sub is 5.8 vs 6.0 in favor of the Linton, but 8.0 vs 7.8 in favor of the Revel with a perfect sub. So that's pretty much a toss up. Revel seems a bit more linear with better directivity, but more low end output and punch is a big advantage of the Wharfedale (and is probably where the preference score is mostly coming from).

Last edited:

Svet Angelov

I have seen Erin's review, but I was hoping someone did a 1:1 comparison with the M106. From what I've seen the preference score without sub is 5.8 vs 6.0 in favor of the Linton, but 8.0 vs 7.8 in favor of the Revel with a perfect sub. So that's pretty much a toss up. Revel seems a bit more linear with better directivity, but more low end output and punch is a big advantage of the Wharfedale (and is probably where the preference score is mostly coming from).
Without a sub, I'd definitely go for the Lintons. Heck,maybe even with a sub. Their midrange is spectacular..

Top Bottom