• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel M Stand alternative?

wemist01

Any bookshelf stands out there which
- are less "tippy" as one online reviewer called these
- can be drilled with holes so the speaker can be locked down?

I have a cat that likes to go vertical, and am looking to eliminate the possibility of damage. Thanks.

jonfitch

Well if are worried about tipping, the only way to be safe is to get solid plant stand...

1618511761307.png

But it won't stop your cats from scratching your speakers though. No way to eliminate possibility of damage unless you keep your cats out of the room.

OP
wemist01

wemist01

Well if are worried about tipping, the only way to be safe is to get solid plant stand...

View attachment 124166

But it won't stop your cats from scratching your speakers though. No way to eliminate possibility of damage unless you keep your cats out of the room.

That's a great idea. You also have picked one of the best -looking plant stands, period. Where did you find that?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I have covers that I slip on when I'm not there. Another possibility is one of those plastic things they put under your office chair in a carpeted office. Cats need more traction than that, they generally won't even walk on it.

samysound

Any bookshelf stands out there which
- are less "tippy" as one online reviewer called these
- can be drilled with holes so the speaker can be locked down?

I have a cat that likes to go vertical, and am looking to eliminate the possibility of damage. Thanks.

I used a pair of these with revel 126Bes. I had to drill holes in the top plate to match the mounting holes on the revels. Cast aluminum base and can be filled with sand. gravel, etc. to weigh them down a bit more.
https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/accessories/stand-20

OP
wemist01

wemist01

Good-looking stand. But I'm a six-footer with a lot of my height in the torso, and short stands aren't going to work well for me. I don't see a taller one, do you?

Jbrunwa

What about the Monoprice Monolith stands? They are available in 3 heights. I think the top plate might be small enough to not protrude much beyond the base of the M106 but might be large enough to drill holes to accommodate the M106 screw holes? I ordered a pair so I should be able to report how they work in a few days.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24794

Last edited:

samysound

geronimo1958

Forum Donor
Just got my new M106's and the Revel M stands. Wish I had seen this prior to choosing these stands. Little shocked that it is not easy to pour sand into the stands. Definitely not as stable as my current B&W stands for my CM5's. Has anyone tried to pour sand into the little holes that hold the top mount in place? Or drilled a bigger hole into the top? May end up returning. I would not mind the cost if I felt they were more stable. I am also have a custom made expanded base made to make them more stable?

Last edited:
Top Bottom