• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rel Sub S/812 - Should I keep the box?

dman777

I bought a REL sub s/812. The box of it is huge. I usually save my audiophile equipment boxes in case I want to sell the item later down the road. The REL was freight shipped to me. Is it worth keeping the box? If I ever decided to sell it, would it be worth having it freight shipped rather than sale locally?

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Up to you. If you are in an area where local sales are safe and plentiful you are OK.

But in terms of shipping risk, nothing is worse than a subwoofer without original packaging. I bought a 100 lb JBL S2S subwoofer and the UPS guy was rolling it around like a log/tumbleweed to move it instead of using a hand truck. It was original packaging so no damage— but still!

If it is possible to flatten it without damaging the box it’s a good idea. Otherwise you can find out what replacement boxes cost from REL to decide if it’s worth it or not

Top Bottom