• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reducing Number of Electronic Devices

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for confirming. The net cost would be lower since I could sell three components (preamp, phono preamp, and DAC) to help pay for it.
Any objective reviews on the M66?
Sorry, you will have to search for reviews.

Here's my take on the MiniDSP SHD: You might not need a preamp, but you have to check the specs for its output and the Benchmark's input. It probably doesn't use enough power to make not having a 12V trigger a concern. After all, it might cost you a $1 per month.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Budget M66

OP
N

Nicoff

Forum Donor
Sorry, you will have to search for reviews.

Here's my take on the MiniDSP SHD: You might not need a preamp, but you have to check the specs for its output and the Benchmark's input. It probably doesn't use enough power to make not having a 12V trigger a concern. After all, it might cost you a $1 per month.
Thank you Ron! Much appreciated!

OP
N

Nicoff

Forum Donor
After doing some research, it looks like my Phono preamp needs to stay. So I have three components suitable for replacement: The RPi streamer, the Topping Pre90 preamp, and the T+A DAC 8 DSD.
The Eversolo A8 could replace all three devices.
Another option (a bit more money) is to use the Eversolo A6 as a streamer and replace my T+A Dadc with the Benchmark DAC3 (which blends well with my Benchmark amps).
I had never heard of Eversolo and not sure about reliability . Any thoughts?
Am I missing something?
Thanks!!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Failure rates for Eversolo ( purely my experience ) has been extremely low, one A-6 refused to start and that was replaced immediately by manufacturer, my only other ( far eastern manufacturer) was far worse.
Even RME fails occasionally, what is important of course is positive remedial action by the manufacturer.
The A-8 has a completely analogue pathway but no RIAA so you would still need a phono stage.
Keith

OP
N

Nicoff

Forum Donor
Failure rates for Eversolo ( purely my experience ) has been extremely low, one A-6 refused to start and that was replaced immediately by manufacturer, my only other ( far eastern manufacturer) was far worse.
Even RME fails occasionally, what is important of course is positive remedial action by the manufacturer.
The A-8 has a completely analogue pathway but no RIAA so you would still need a phono stage.
Keith
Thanks! It looks like the Eversolo does not have a line level output. Having two volumes in the path could be an issue...hmmm

Top Bottom