• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RCA VS XLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@aaddas: I guess you've just learnt the golden rule: Don't say anything that is even just slightly subjective! Freedom of speech definitely doesn't apply here on ASR.
I regret, this is not "slightly subjective". This a ridiculous statement based on absolutely nothing. And it has nothing to do with freedom of speech. It's just common sense to not claim this kind of things on an objectivist forum, where actual facts are in question. By the way, there are many things related to subjective preferences that are discuted here... Just about differences that actually exist (say, one speaker/headphones VS another one), not imaginary things.
He started the thread obviously without the intention to troll
One year of membership here. So I call this a troll.

XLR and RCA sound the same
In fact, they do not. Unless extremely rare exception, XLR will output twice as much voltage and so, a difference will be heard. In raw dB. Nothing related to "dry", "sweet", or "rich tone" (what do these even mean?).

Last edited:

bachatero

In fact, they do not. Unless extremely rare exception, XLR will output twice as much voltage and so, a difference will be heard. In raw dB. Nothing related to "dry", "sweet", or "rich tone" (what do these even mean?).
I thought this was a given, since balanced always sounds louder than the equivalent unbalanced signal, and adjusting the gain of whatever equipment you have connected to compensate is trivial.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In any event, posting to ASR about the phat phresh dope sound of connectors is a guaranteed bad time.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
@aaddas: I guess you've just learnt the golden rule: Don't say anything that is even just slightly subjective! Freedom of speech definitely doesn't apply here on ASR.
Freedom of speech is absolutely supported here and that is evident by the amount of discourse we tolerate. What freedom of speech doesn’t cover is rudeness, insults and patently false statements and accusations when your opinions are not supported, or accepted as factual. We have thousands and thousands of Subjective posts and dozens of dedicated Subjective Threads. We have rules about behavior and treating others with respect and dignity. Something you have failed to understand or practice.

So it is with great reluctance that we must set you free to go practice your version of free speech elsewhere. Good luck and happy new year. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom