• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corchea

View attachment 38982

ASR acaba de alcanzar la impresionante cantidad de 7.000 miembros. (Nuevamente, ¡felicidades por tu trabajo, @amirm! :))

Supongo que cuando el foro comenzó hace 3 años, la mayoría eran miembros estadounidenses (corríjame si me equivoco). Ahora, el foro tiene reputación internacional en el mundo del audio.

Por ahora, sólo tengo curiosidad por saber un poco sobre la cartografía de dónde son los miembros (o de dónde están ubicados, para lo que importa). Algunas personas tienden a moverse mucho, así que dejo dos opciones posibles. Por supuesto, hay demasiados países posibles para enumerar, por eso simplifiqué esta encuesta a la elección de continentes .

PD: Por mi parte: zona de París, Francia, UE.
Sevilla
España

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello: there @VintageFlanker , we are not mentioned, but here in the Caribbean we are represented and equally passionate.
I sure have no doubt about it ! ;) Also knew online quite a few audiophiles from Martinique & Guadeloupe.

But, speaking strictly by geography, most Caribbean islands are in North America.

Syracuse NY where the winters are long and cold!
The "legacy" Syracuse, where the winters are not so long nor cold:
:cool:

Ismapics

Puerto Rico is considered part of the USA as a territory and would be covered in the North America category. Which also represents Canada as well. ;)
I dont disagreee, an inconvenient fact is (not related) that there is a mixed bag. Some US companies treat PR as part of the US others as international. Ironically, international companies sometimes treat us as part of the US.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I dont disagreee, an inconvenient fact is (not related) that there is a mixed bag. Some US companies treat PR as part of the US others as international. Ironically, international companies sometimes treat us as part of the US.
My opinion is based on solely on my Military experience. Puerto Rico is considered sovereign US Territory and will be Defended as a whole part of the country. I am not familiar with all the business, tax, corporate understandings. Admittedly my response was biased based on my past. No offense was intended Sir. Have been to your Country many times and always had a wonderful time. The People were so welcoming and friendly. :cool:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Sevilla
España
A fellow Iberian!

My opinion is based on solely on my Military experience. Puerto Rico is considered sovereign US Territory and will be Defended as a whole part of the country. I am not familiar with all the business, tax, corporate understandings. Admittedly my response was biased based on my past. No offense was intended Sir. Have been to your Country many times and always had a wonderful time. The People were so welcoming and friendly. :cool:
Legally speaking, Puerto Rico is a "freely associated state". And being a Caribbean archipielago (yes, Puerto Rico covers several islands indeed), by location alone (country borders aside) it gets a bit tricky. ;)

That said, I wholeheartedly agree that PR is a wonderful place with millions of wonderful people. :)

Ismapics

No offense taken. My Grandad was a WW1 Vet for the US, a fact we are all very proud. You are welcome anytime and will gladly share a local premium coffee. Cheers

Ismapics

A fellow Iberian!

Legally speaking, Puerto Rico is a "freely associated state". And being a Caribbean archipielago (yes, Puerto Rico covers several islands indeed), by location alone (country borders aside) it gets a bit tricky. ;)

That said, I wholeheartedly agree that PR is a wonderful place with millions of wonderful people. :)
Thanks, we are in reality a property of the US House of Representatives. As they are the ones that have jurisdiction on the territories. No disfunction there. We have a thriving community of Audio enthusiasts. There are vintage collectors and many others that enjoy their Kef and Dyna Audio. Recently a guy opened a store with maybe 9,000 used vinyls and CDs who knew. that same thing happens a lot with Cars (largest ever VW Beetle collection was sold too) and wines. cheers

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Thanks, we are in reality a property of the US House of Representatives. As they are the ones that have jurisdiction on the territories. No disfunction there. We have a thriving community of Audio enthusiasts. There are vintage collectors and many others that enjoy their Kef and Dyna Audio. Recently a guy opened a store with maybe 9,000 used vinyls and CDs who knew. that same thing happens a lot with Cars (largest ever VW Beetle collection was sold too) and wines. cheers
And I´d add, an insane amount of amateur musicians that play quite literally, everything: from traditional styles like Plena to niche styles like Black Metal. If we go to historical musicians, the list also get insane. Just from pure memory, Hector Lavoe is the first name that comes to mind.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Syracuse is a nice town. Last time I was there, there was some pizzeria famous for "Syracuse style" that called my name. Pretty decent pizza, it was; my only cavil about it was the way it was sliced (which I know is part of the Syracuse style). I think it was called Twin Trees?

Platypus20

Forum Donor
Syracuse is a nice town. Last time I was there, there was some pizzeria famous for "Syracuse style" that called my name. Pretty decent pizza, it was; my only cavil about it was the way it was sliced (which I know is part of the Syracuse style). I think it was called Twin Trees?
Like most pizza shops, some swear by them, some swear at them. Twin Trees is very good, one of the satellite stores is about a 1 mile from me. There a quite a few good shops in the Syracuse area.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey VF,

On the heels of the recent “How does everyone listen to music” Poll. It would be great to dust this poll off and get an update on our Membership Geography. If you decide to do a new poll like this I will ask Amir to promote it to the front page so we get maximum visibility and participation. It will be very interesting to see if our geography demographics have changed since 2019 and 7000 members to now 2024 and 52+ thousand. Just a thought Sir. ;)
There it is, @AdamG :
;)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom