• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 31 13.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 62.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 50 21.6%

• Total voters

Xyrium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Very neat offering, I think this one's a success. Good to hear user reports on Polk's customer service being exemplary as well.

ninetylol

I think this speaker is awesome but why does an JBL 305p for example have a higher score besides costing less? What am I missing?

Also @amirm a review of the top of the class ES60 would be interesting seeing how good this one is :)

Everett T

Forum Donor
I think this speaker is awesome but why does an JBL 305p for example have a higher score besides costing less? What am I missing?

Also @amirm a review of the top of the class ES60 would be interesting seeing how good this one is :)
Bass extension, I'm assuming.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hate to beat a dead horse any more than the poor horse has already been beaten, but I think he can handle one more whack. This is the speaker that kills the GR Research Little giant killer speaker pair for $1000. The Polks literally blow them away. Price, bang for the buck, Amirs great testimony on lots of bass in a small speaker, what is there not to like at this price? Add in an inexpensive SVS PB1000 sub and you are all set for people shopping in this price range. These and a few other speakers Amir has tested smoke high priced goofy stuff like the LGK speakers. Just sayin........great Polk product for the price.

Pauper

I wonder if there would be extra shipping fees to U.K. thanks to brexit - but don’t get me started on that subject!

radry

How do they sound compared to the ELAC Debut 6.2?

I recently purchased the ELAC and they sound extremly harsh/bright to my ears. Especially movie or TV Dialog is almost painful. My only way to "fix" it was to set Treble to -2dB on my AVR but that makes everything slightly muffled.

Last edited:

ninetylol

Anyone using these as desktop PC speakers? I upgraded to the big ES60 and dont know if i should sell the ES20s or use them with an SMSL AO200 or similar.

warpdrive

Anyone using these as desktop PC speakers? I upgraded to the big ES60 and dont know if i should sell the ES20s or use them with an SMSL AO200 or similar.

They are a bit big but if you can fit them, they should be great as a desktop system. I would probably prefer the ES15 size-wise which still has enough extension to get away without a sub.

I really like this line from Polk. It errs on a little brightness but I don't find the excess to be objectionable in my room

Top Bottom