• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please help: LG C2 -> 2.0 sound

coccosoids

Please help me find something that will give me the best downmixing to 2.0 of everything imaginable.

Yes, I know. A bit ambitious. But I just want to enjoy content on my 2.0 system, however a lot of content is mixed in more than 2 channels so now I do not how to handle the downmixing. I had a tv show I tried to watch and it was in 6 channels and on my current setup the dialogue was barely audible. So I think it has to do with how the audio is decoded.
Currently I'm using and earc cheap dac to get sound out from the tv and into the monitors -the only good thing about it is that I can control the volume with the tv remote -something that the optical out can't do.

So is there anything out there that can work better here? I've also tried playing around with an nvidia shield because there are apps that can apparently downmix with some measure of success although I kind of doubt they are doing the best job possible.

DrStranger

what are the equippment? have you disable any surround mode or similar on the tv, just go with stereo mode?

OP
C

coccosoids

what are the equippment? have you disable any surround mode or similar on the tv, just go with stereo mode?
It's an Lg C2 tv. There are no options to disable surround. Especially when using earc output for sound.

RafK

It's an Lg C2 tv. There are no options to disable surround. Especially when using earc output for sound.
Have you found any solution? I’m experiencing the same problem :(

Before upgrading to C2 I have used dumb TV with audio going through optical cable to Denon RCD-N10 (2.0 speakers). I have used Apple TV with Reduce Loud Sounds enabled and it was perfect.

Now playing content from C2 it’s very bad — music and other sound effects are loud and dialogue is very hard to hear. All audio configuration options are disabled when using optical cable as an output.

In the worst case scenario I might end up buying Apple TV 4K, but I would prefer to get it working with TV only.

DavidMcRoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think it has an optical digital audio output port? You could feed an outboard DAC with that and get 2.0 PCM at 24/48.

Top Bottom