• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Phono cartridge service

pmc

I own a Spectral Audio Cartrige and would like to have it serviced. Perhaps someone can recommend a highly qualified person. Thanks.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Where are you located and what sort of "service" do you need (e.g., retipping)?

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In the UK, I can completely recommend Expert Stylus. They have retipped three of my cartridges, an EMT, an Ortofon and an AT. Excellent service at a sensible price.
I had a terrible experience with another cartridge refurbisher who ruined my EMT, and it had to go back to the factory for them to correct the damage, which of course the refurbisher denied.

With Expert Stylus, no such problems and superb stylus profile. They supply their own Paratrace stylus which is similar to the vdh.

S

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I can recommend Van den Hul, they retipped/repaired my MC ONE Special twice, but the price got so high now that I refrained from doing it a 3rd time and got me an AT33ptg/II for about half the money and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Looks like the OP also asked at Audiokarma, which might be a better place to ask about something like this. Not clear what needs to be "serviced", though, there or here.

JP

Major Contributor
Contact Joseph Long.

OP
P

pmc

Where are you located and what sort of "service" do you need (e.g., retipping)?
I'm located in the Vancouver, BC, Canada area. However with such a small item I'll not hesitate to ship. The cartridge probably has only 30 hours of play; but was bought new in the 90's. I have no idea if there's any reason to service. Am repairing my Goldmund Studietto as the T5 arm stopped working so wondered if there's any benefit to service. Thank you for your interest. Peter. I've also no idea if the 'table can be fixed.

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In the UK, I can completely recommend Expert Stylus. They have retipped three of my cartridges, an EMT, an Ortofon and an AT. Excellent service at a sensible price.
I had a terrible experience with another cartridge refurbisher who ruined my EMT, and it had to go back to the factory for them to correct the damage, which of course the refurbisher denied.

With Expert Stylus, no such problems and superb stylus profile. They supply their own Paratrace stylus which is similar to the vdh.

S

Yes, Expert Stylus should be the first choice for anyone in the UK. I'm just waiting to receive my London (Decca) Reference and Benz LPS cartridges back from them, both serviced and re-tipped for very reasonable prices.

Mani.

JP

Major Contributor
Does he do Technics?

Not for what we need. I think that's up to you and I - just (<- haha) need elastomer donuts.

EDIT - I may ask him to throw a stylus on one of my DL-1000A - it's right up there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom