• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Absolutely, I certainly agree voodooless.

Digby

Major Contributor
That doesn’t mean I can’t keep those people accountable for whatever they believe, lie or not.
I know you are Dutch, and English is not your first language, so I don't want to hold you accountable as such, but people used to question others beliefs, now they hold them accountable (apparently!). I think this change in language from enquiry (why do you believe that?) to, what, accusation (how could you believe that!), makes Matt's point pretty well.

Probably a great deal more of the English language has changed to become unnecessarily combative over the last, say, 20 years or so.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I know you are Dutch, and English is not your first language, so I don't want to hold you accountable as such, but people used to question others beliefs, now they hold them accountable (apparently!). I think this change in language from enquiry (why do you believe that?) to, what, accusation (how could you believe that!), makes Matt's point pretty well.
No, I mean accountable! I think that is pretty clear. If your belief is so strong that any criticism is met with indignation or worse, you should be held accountable for your foolishness. So yes, the question: “How could you believe that?” is a very valid one! I really don’t see a problem with that?

Digby

Major Contributor
Well, you could be jumping to conclusions - question first, call to account later, maybe?

Robin L

Master Contributor
Probably a great deal more of the English language has changed to become unnecessarily combative over the last, say, 20 years or so.
The unedited, unfiltered internet allows many people with bad reasoning and bad intent to express themselves who otherwise might not had their thoughts appear during the time of printed periodicals and other sorts of texts that would otherwise require editing.

Like this example of bad grammer fer'instance.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The unedited, unfiltered internet allows many people with bad reasoning and bad intent to express themselves who otherwise might not had their thoughts appear during the time of printed periodicals and other sorts of texts that would otherwise require editing.

Like this example of bad grammer fer'instance.
It's getting better I think. Peeps are maybe becoming more aware of themselves in relationship to weirdOs on the internet and radicals.

Rip City Dave

This solution will lift yet another veil....

black-itali-leather-new-rock-tank-platform-shoes.jpg

Bleib

Major Contributor
Imagine what one would do with levitation

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
Data centres have been putting their cables on risers since forever. It is said to improve service levels and customer retention. Look at how high they elevate those cables:

1652358710887.png

:p;):cool:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Data centres have been putting their cables on risers since forever. It is said to improve service levels and customer retention. Look at how high they elevate those cables:

View attachment 206225

:p;):cool:
index.php

You know... Until recently I would've assumed that the image in this post was a catalog image showing the IKEA Käbelråce (assembly required; hex key included) -- but now I'm thinkin' Ukrainian Bitcoin Mine.
;) :cool::facepalm:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Folks, please refrain from talking about the man and discuss the topic of his video.
I wasn't even aware we were talking about a man in particular ;) It's more a "if the shoe fits, wear it" kind of thing :cool:

D

Deleted member 47224

Oh, so that's why we've been doing this :
fZ7icFJmtnw0Idiiy2f-ZgHaE2.jpg

And then I wonder, would this work with people to reduce noise ?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You guys are all crazy. The only thing that works is suspending your cables in at least 30 cm of water :facepalm:

Water blocks a whole lot of RF, so your signal wil remain super clean :cool:

egellings

Major Contributor
I think that lying is a deliberate activity; you know that what you are saying is untrue and say it anyway. If a person truly believes in a false proposition and states that, is he lying, or just plain wrong?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If a person truly believes in a false proposition and states that, is he lying, or just plain wrong?
That is not the point of contention. The question here is why people think what they think, and whether that is a a reasonable stance?

Robin L

Master Contributor
You guys are all crazy. The only thing that works is suspending your cables in at least 30 cm of water :facepalm:

Water blocks a whole lot of RF, so your signal wil remain super clean :cool:
But it has to be Important Water:

Top Bottom