• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Panasonic DP-UB9000 UHD Player Review

Ncesar

I bought this from Value Electronics from @Robert Zohn

The stereo output uses the AK4497EQ (Edit: Actually it’s the AK4493)
The multichannel out uses the AK4458VN

1) Video performance
- Even though UHD BD is "all digital", chroma upsampling can make a difference in picture quality.
- UHD BD offers visibly superior quality over streaming

2) DLNA 2 channel streaming including DSD 256.

3) UHD and 1080p Blu-ray concerts in 2.0 =)

4) The Oppo-205 is no longer available
Hi, is possible to install apps? Like VLC? Is possible to use external substitles?
I give an example.
I have several Bluray fisical disk, without subtitles of my language. In my computer I can use VLC and add external subtitles.
Is possible to do that in this player?

chelgrian

Hi, is possible to install apps? Like VLC? Is possible to use external substitles?
I give an example.
I have several Bluray fisical disk, without subtitles of my language. In my computer I can use VLC and add external subtitles.
Is possible to do that in this player?
No it doesn't support 3rd party applications. If you don't want to connect a computer something like a Raspberry Pi 5 running LibreElec is probably the way forward.

seanhyatt

3D problem with UB9000

When I watch 3D movies it is very blurry. There does not seem to be a way to adjust the depth to stop ghosting. My previous budget Sony had a depth setting that allowed you to calibrate the image and screen size to achieve an extremely clear image. What am I doing wrong?

At this point with no sacd and 3D issues I may have to keep a Sony on hand even if the sound is not nearly as good on the units I have compared the UB9000 to. Also have a oppo 103 on its way to compare SQ. HD and UHD video quality seems to be settled for the Panasonic as the best.

I resolved the problem by using settings on my Epson projector to control depth and screen size. That got rid of the ghosting. Without A/B testing I would say the Sony budget CD player still may be clearer for 3D but the color rendering on the Panasonic for 3D is much better than the Sony. Sony really pushed 3D back in the day and may of developed more sophisticated software.

As far as the Panasonic interface. It is nice to see the familiar screen displays for CD playback and streaming that I had on my 2007 theater in a box I just donated to goodwill.

Analog two channel audio quality sounds as well as it measures. Multi channel not nearly as good as measured and via listening.

Top Bottom