• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

One Pair and One Pair only

posvibes

Your house is on fire and though it is three o'clock in the morning the amount of smoke and the flames throwing shadows on the hallway walls, you know all is lost. Your partner is loudly berating you as you start unplugging and lifting your favorite speaker from the floor ready to haul it to safety while your kids are yelling for help from the upstairs bedrooms. Knowing what a wining, sullen never ending whingeing partner you'll be, you are given one order, "you can grab one pair and one pair only from you headphone collection, and don't even consider trying to grab an amp, you've got thirty seconds". You think about arguing the point, negotiating the upper and lower limits of choice and the dog is barking trying to escape from the laundry, what do you take? And forget about insurance as the Fire Department is going to lodge a "suspicious fire" investigation.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Since I only have one pair, it would be an easy choice...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
You have my undying respect, impressive!

I've developed another interest of late...

Plus, being somewhat (ok, very) insensitive (ok, totally) to the higher frequencies makes many of my audio choices much easier.

And I've got enough audio stuff to keep me occupied for at least the rest of this mortal uncoiling.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Hifiman Ananda. If I had to pick one to use and never upgrade, it's the one.

AVKS

HE-500, as it would be the only one with any degree of difficulty to replace.

ADU

Major Contributor
Your house is on fire and though it is three o'clock in the morning the amount of smoke and the flames throwing shadows on the hallway walls, you know all is lost. Your partner is loudly berating you as you start unplugging and lifting your favorite speaker from the floor ready to haul it to safety while your kids are yelling for help from the upstairs bedrooms. Knowing what a wining, sullen never ending whingeing partner you'll be, you are given one order, "you can grab one pair and one pair only from you headphone collection, and don't even consider trying to grab an amp, you've got thirty seconds". You think about arguing the point, negotiating the upper and lower limits of choice and the dog is barking trying to escape from the laundry, what do you take? And forget about insurance as the Fire Department is going to lodge a "suspicious fire" investigation.

I wouldn't give headphones or any other AV gear a 2nd thought. It can all go up in smoke.

ADU

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Audeze LCD-X 2021, but if I wanted vocal music... Focal Clear MG Pro, assuming I get them back from Amir before the end of summer ;)

Last edited:

Elfsberg

I've been buying and selling a few headphones the last years and the Sundara is now my main headphone but really they are in my opinion crap without proper amplification and EQ. My pair of Sennheiser PXC 550 II, cheap from the Sennheiser outlet, is my choice if I can have only one pair. Battery life is OK and while they don't go loud the SPL is atleast healthy and of course wireless ability is just fantastic. They too need some EQ but not as badly as the Sundara.

Top Bottom