• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Obtaining the MA-1 calibration file without connecting Neumann Monitors

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
yeah, I tried all that. Tried in Chrome and Safari. The Linearization section just does not show up for me.
Can you try to login into their webpage? I don’t remember how I did it, but it was strange for me too as I could swear that initially the section did not show either and after clicking on the data section again after the hint here, it appeared.

audafreak

I have tried today also as logged in, different browsers. I even tried different languages.

Markus @ Neumann

Audio Company
Hello,

sorry for that. We transferred the website to a new platform. Not everything is working properly up to now. It may take a bit until this online tool is up and running again. If you urgently need the correction table for the MA1 mic please sent it the Neumann head office account. I will than create it offline and send it back to you.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Markus

radix

Major Contributor
Hello,

sorry for that. We transferred the website to a new platform. Not everything is working properly up to now. It may take a bit until this online tool is up and running again. If you urgently need the correction table for the MA1 mic please sent it the Neumann head office account. I will than create it offline and send it back to you.

Best regards,

Markus

Thank you. It's great that you guys monitor ASR and respond. I'm not in a rush. I want something to use with Acourate for my living room and realized I have the MA1 already, so why buy a dbx or other measurement mic.

Has anyone used the MA1 with acourate? I think Acourate wants a subtractive file? Though it has it's own file inversion I think. I'm totally new to Acourate.

albanfurtuna

Hello,

Best regards,

Markus
Hello Markus.Please help me if you can send me the linearization file of my MA 1 microphone.
MA1 MIc ID Is 6472443670 - A7809.
my email adrese: [email protected]
Thank you for your time ,and please excuse me for my bad english.
Best Regards
Alban Furtuna

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

undo

I tried emailing support to get the calibration files and they said they would have to reach out to the team in Germany. That was 3 weeks ago :-(

Does anyone know if it is possible to pull the calibration file from the MA-1 App instead?

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried emailing support to get the calibration files and they said they would have to reach out to the team in Germany. That was 3 weeks ago :-(

Does anyone know if it is possible to pull the calibration file from the MA-1 App instead?
You can try this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...c-monitor-alignment.17902/page-11#post-722060

Although in my case the result differs from the cal file I obtained from Neumann, so i guess the method described is not 100% accurate. I think you can use it anyway, the difference is not too bad. I´ll try to post a comparison later.

Edit: Here is the comparison: Green is from Neumann, Blue calculated with @hyperplanar ´s method described in the link above. The difference is small, around 0.8dB max (look at the scale).

1686416927047.png

Zoomed in further:
1686418110819.png

Last edited:

fabien.56

Hello
To start sorry for my English, I use Google translate...

I managed to get my calibration file for my MA1.
Here is what Neumann answered me at first of the reason why it is no longer possible for the moment to download the file directly from their site:

" We have switched website provider, but I’m afraid the new website still doesn’t have the correctly implemented code to generate the correction curve.
In the meantime, if you email me the customer’s Serial Number and 6 digit calibration code, I will manually generate a correction curve and send it to you. "

I then received my file (excel format) with this message:

" Hi
No problem, please see attached a spreadsheet with the calibration data.
Please bear in mind, some measurement software ADDS the inverted microphone response, some SUBTRACTS the original response. I’ve included both in the spreadsheet, the customer should choose the appropriate option for their measurement software.
"

I hid the serial number and the code.
Capture d'écran_20230731_151717.png

To create a file for REW I just have to copy the lines into a .TXT file???.
No header???
Like that :

19,7 1,4
20,3 1,4
20,9 1,4
21,5 1,3
22,1 1,3
22,7 1,3
.../...

Thank you very much for your help
Fabien

Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To create a file for REW I just have to copy the lines into a .TXT file???.
No header???
Like that :

19,7 1,4
20,3 1,4
20,9 1,4
21,5 1,3
22,1 1,3
22,7 1,3
.../...

Thank you very much for your help
Fabien
Yes. You may use .cal instead of .txt, but txt will also work.

fabien.56

Merci DJBonoBobo ;)

phile2

Hello
To start sorry for my English, I use Google translate...

I managed to get my calibration file for my MA1.
oups...
1. the franca lingua 2023 is English... please update... sorry about that (I'm French too :) )

2. all this process seems tricky... => cal thru MA1... etc
I'd like to know what's the diff in SQ between
a. this "top-notch" process thru MA1
b. and a basic process, ahead, at source level, simply using a UMIK mic => basic & free process using : REW for measurement, and then, rePhase to fix the up/down on the curve

3. i your signature, you mention => NEUMANN MT48
@ => https://www.musicmatos.com/5743-interfaces-audio-usb-neumann-mt48.html they give the price => oups !
Can you explain how this interface performs ?... at such a price !?
Rgds

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
oups...
1. the franca lingua 2023 is English... please update... sorry about that (I'm French too :) )

2. all this process seems tricky... => cal thru MA1... etc
I'd like to know what's the diff in SQ between
a. this "top-notch" process thru MA1
b. and a basic process, ahead, at source level, simply using a UMIK mic => basic & free process using : REW for measurement, and then, rePhase to fix the up/down on the curve

3. i your signature, you mention => NEUMANN MT48
@ => https://www.musicmatos.com/5743-interfaces-audio-usb-neumann-mt48.html they give the price => oups !
Can you explain how this interface performs ?... at such a price !?
Rgds
If you use the MA1 software, you don't need the cal file as described in this thread.
The cal file is only needed if you want to use the MA1 mic with REW instead of an UMIK.

The MA1 software features automatic calibration, much simpler than REW+Rephase.

fabien.56

Une news...

Neumann MA 1 v2.0 Multichannel Extension.
MA 1 pour Windows et macOS prend désormais en charge l’alignement automatique de référence pour les systèmes multicanaux, rendu disponible via la licence Multichannel Extension, vendue séparément. Cette extension, appelée MULTICHANNEL EXTENSION MA 1 est disponible au téléchargement.

Dans cette version, Multichannel Extension prend exclusivement en charge les configurations d’enceinte Quad, 5.1, 7.1, 5.1.4 et 7.1.4, en utilisant des moniteurs réseau (KH 80, KH 120 II, KH 150 et KH 750) avec jusqu’à quatre caissons de basses. Les versions AES67 sont également prises en charge via l'entrée analogique ou numérique ; la prise en charge de la connectivité audio AES67 sera ajoutée dans le cadre de prochaines mises à jour.
Multichannel Extension est intégré au logiciel MA 1 v2.0 et ne nécessite donc pas de téléchargement séparé. L’utilisateur final peut simplement déverrouiller cette nouvelle fonctionnalité à l’aide d’un code de licence, vendu séparément.
Source :

Prix de la license 300€ !!!

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Prix de la license 300€ !!!
:rolleyes:

Edit: Still cheaper than DLBC though.

Edit 2: The video is interesting! I overlooked this at first. Screenshot:
1697314768165.png

Last edited:

vssyla

does anyone know if it's possible to send my measured alignment + setup from my pc to my macbook? i realize i cant measure using my macbook because i cannot disable direct monitoring on my interface with it. this is because my interface is new and direct monitoring is only available through its software which doesnt run on my old mac.... basically i can import my pc measurement + setup or i can forget about using my mac at all (and i make 90% of my music on the mac!).

Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
does anyone know if it's possible to send my measured alignment + setup from my pc to my macbook? i realize i cant measure using my macbook because i cannot disable direct monitoring on my interface with it. this is because my interface is new and direct monitoring is only available through its software which doesnt run on my old mac.... basically i can import my pc measurement + setup or i can forget about using my mac at all (and i make 90% of my music on the mac!).
Answered here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-monitor-alignment.17902/page-60#post-1752060

Please do not post the same question in more than one thread.

Top Bottom