• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

NRD Review and Measurements of Emotiva Airmotiv T2+

Chromatischism

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Notwithstanding other videos regarding cables, capacitors, etc...

Just focusing on the content of this video...

This is a straightforward review, with measurements, from Ron at NRD. I found the format refreshing. What do you think?

Vini darko

I watched it earlier. Typical v curve speaker you'd expect for HT. Looked reletivly even handed off axis, should respond to eq reasonably well. Looks are not my cup of tea though.

hardisj

Give me a review from @hardisj i would prever 1000 times.
Of course. Erin provides a deeper look than anyone else I'm aware of.
Thanks for the support, fellas.

I was tempted to reply to his video and provide a link to my own channel but I didn't think that would be a good look from me, so I bailed.

I am happy he at least tried to provide measurements. Even though they're the most basic form (and using a moving mic average would be miles better than his quasi-anechoic measurement in-room).

OP
Chromatischism

Chromatischism

Forum Donor
Thread Starter #6
I think Ron was trying to be nice, too. They clearly weren't his cup of tea. Honestly, even though my experience with Airmotivs was similar to Ron's, in that the midrange was lacking and the tweeter called attention to itself too much and didn't sound cohesive, I'm surprised the treble rose that high in his measurements. His recommendation to not listen to these at 0 degrees seems solid.

I think we should congratulate reviewers when they produce content like this. Just taking a step back and doing an inventory of YouTube reviewers, the basic measurements and commentary based on those measurements provided here already goes beyond what most are providing. I think some encouragement to show them they are on the right track would send the message that they should continue that format.

Top Bottom