• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NRD Review and Measurements of Emotiva Airmotiv T2+

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Notwithstanding other videos regarding cables, capacitors, etc...

Just focusing on the content of this video...

This is a straightforward review, with measurements, from Ron at NRD. I found the format refreshing. What do you think?

Vini darko

Major Contributor
I watched it earlier. Typical v curve speaker you'd expect for HT. Looked reletivly even handed off axis, should respond to eq reasonably well. Looks are not my cup of tea though.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Give me a review from @hardisj i would prever 1000 times.
Of course. Erin provides a deeper look than anyone else I'm aware of.

Thanks for the support, fellas.

I was tempted to reply to his video and provide a link to my own channel but I didn't think that would be a good look from me, so I bailed.

I am happy he at least tried to provide measurements. Even though they're the most basic form (and using a moving mic average would be miles better than his quasi-anechoic measurement in-room).

OP
Chromatischism

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Ron was trying to be nice, too. They clearly weren't his cup of tea. I'm surprised the treble rose that high in his measurements. His recommendation to not listen to these at 0 degrees seems solid.

I think we should congratulate reviewers when they produce content like this. Just taking a step back and doing an inventory of YouTube reviewers, the basic measurements and commentary based on those measurements provided here already goes beyond what most are providing. I think some encouragement to show them they are on the right track would send the message that they should continue that format.

Last edited:

nathan

This thread got me excited that Erin might have reviewed the Airmotiv towers based on the comments above, but I don't see that that is the case on either his web site not his channel.

Guess the reference was to measurement technique rather than a more detailed review of the Emotiva.

Persik

I’d love to see Amir’s review of T2+ and C2+, with all the related scientific details.
From what I gathered, these are very capable speakers for both HT and stereo listening, too bad most of the reviews are anecdotal/ subjective impressions.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
FWIW I own these and the Infinity R263, and I slightly prefer the Infinity, but not by much. I bet the Emotivas could play louder/cleaner when pushed(never really tried), so might be a bit better for HT. I think I only paid like $400 total for the Infinity pair though(Harman sale). Speaking of, it looks like the Infinity R253 tower is on sale atm for $150, and the JBL 580 is on sale for $350. I slightly preferred the 580 over the R263.

OP
Chromatischism

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
FWIW I own these and the Infinity R263, and I slightly prefer the Infinity, but not by much. I bet the Emotivas could play louder/cleaner when pushed(never really tried), so might be a bit better for HT. I think I only paid like $400 total for the Infinity pair though(Harman sale). Speaking of, it looks like the Infinity R253 tower is on sale atm for $150, and the JBL 580 is on sale for $350. I slightly preferred the 580 over the R263.
Would you say you agree with Ron's assessment of the sound of the T2+?

Top Bottom