• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New need some advice please :)

gogorooster

Hey I never posted here before but have read alot. Id like to get some advice and wisdom on which way to go. Im on a night schedule and live in an apartment so I have to mainly use headphones. I want to get a new system. .. more of an endgame that can last me a long time. I'd mainly use it for gaming. Mostly single player games Im looking for the immersive aspect, like good surround sound and a cinematic like experience. Then movies and music alot less about 80% games 15% movies 5% music.

I have gc7 and g6 and just bought a aaa thx 887 amp. I was wondering would it be just a waste of money to get say a schitt modius over a topping d10 balanced or a smsl c200. Or what is the benefit of one over a other. Or is there another one I should look at.

​

For headphones I have a tygr 300r, Logitech pro x, and a razer kraken v3 pro. I was thinking about a hifiman he6se v2 since they are always on sale, or maybe audeze lcd-x. If the audeze lcd is it worth it to get the X over the 2c. Or is there another headphone that is probably better that I should look into. I thought about arya or edition x but I heard they dont have much bass and I kind of thought Id need a decent amount since I am looking for a immersive experience. I dont have a way to easily test many headphones so I am hoping to get some of your alls advice since Im sure most of you have more experience then I do.

Thank you for your time and help. I appreciate any wisdom you all might share since I am pretty inexperienced in the hifi world. I know it is an expensive hobby and I would like to try and avoid some spending pitfalls and get something that will last me for quite awhile.

Thank you again!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey I never posted here before but have read alot. Id like to get some advice and wisdom on which way to go. Im on a night schedule and live in an apartment so I have to mainly use headphones. I want to get a new system. .. more of an endgame that can last me a long time. I'd mainly use it for gaming. Mostly single player games Im looking for the immersive aspect, like good surround sound and a cinematic like experience. Then movies and music alot less about 80% games 15% movies 5% music.

I have gc7 and g6 and just bought a aaa thx 887 amp. I was wondering would it be just a waste of money to get say a schitt modius over a topping d10 balanced or a smsl c200. Or what is the benefit of one over a other. Or is there another one I should look at.

​

For headphones I have a tygr 300r, Logitech pro x, and a razer kraken v3 pro. I was thinking about a hifiman he6se v2 since they are always on sale, or maybe audeze lcd-x. If the audeze lcd is it worth it to get the X over the 2c. Or is there another headphone that is probably better that I should look into. I thought about arya or edition x but I heard they dont have much bass and I kind of thought Id need a decent amount since I am looking for a immersive experience. I dont have a way to easily test many headphones so I am hoping to get some of your alls advice since Im sure most of you have more experience then I do.

Thank you for your time and help. I appreciate any wisdom you all might share since I am pretty inexperienced in the hifi world. I know it is an expensive hobby and I would like to try and avoid some spending pitfalls and get something that will last me for quite awhile.

Thank you again!
Not what you want to hear but I would stick with what you have. No idea how the HE6 or lcd x would be from a gaming perspective in terms of sound but both are way too heavy for long term gaming esp when your head is moving.

Learn how to apply some eq when listening to music to get the most out of them.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Replacing your gc7/g6 with a Modius or D10B would mean giving up its virtual surround sound processing.

Some games have excellent surround sound built in (e.g. Hunt: Showdown), so this approach would be preferred.

Other games that don't have HRTF processing built-in may benefit a lot from the surround sound processing built into your Creative devices.

OP
G

gogorooster

Thank you very much for your responses and advice.

Its a bit disheartening I miss the epic soundtracks and deep bass that come with a good stereo system. I was hoping to get there with headphones.

Its hard to tell from looking at the specs on the modius compared to the d10B is there any real differences or is it just cleaner audio or what? Its almost 100$ more am I missing something? Ill have to get a dac sometime I pulled the trigger on the monolith amp on ebay so stuck with it now. Reading all the posts everyone always shits on creative and gaming headsets. I probably should have posted and gotten some opinions before getting the amp. I felt like all i ever read was people recommending dedicated stacks or your audios trash.

Top Bottom