• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audeze Lcd-2 Classic upgrade/Audeze LCD-2 Caribbean Rosewood and Audeze LCD-X in 2024

hub3rt

Hi, it's the year 2024, and I currently own Audeze LCD-2 Classic, in which I miss something. The stage is fine, the music draws you in. However, I would like to do an upgrade to the LCD-2 Caribbean Rosewood or LCD-2 X. Both pairs after the 2021 upgrade with a new headband. I would like the stage to be good. Certainly not much smaller than my current pair. I would expect an improvement in vocals over the LCD-2 Classic. I would like the music that is played by my future model to be even more immersive and even more inspiring. I want the headphones to be as musical as possible. Of course, I use all pairs with EQ. I would also like the bass to be no worse than in the LCD-2 Classic. Weight is not an issue for me, as well as the price difference between these models. I've seen many different descriptions, specifications and comparisons to different models. However, I have not been able to find a direct comparison of these two models to each other. Do you have any experience with them? Are they similar to each other? I know the X's are more detailed, but is it true that they are washed out of emotions as to the 2? Of course I am talking about them with the use of EQ. I am looking for a model for pleasant listening and enjoying the sound, not for music production and mastering. What do you guys think? Which model should I choose? Do you have any experience with them or suggestions?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had the LCD-DX and after hearing the Hifiman Arya Stealth a few times for a few weeks I wouldn't get anything else at that price point. They make good stuff that feels well made, but it's overpriced for the sound it delivers. Other models like the Hifiman Audivina and original Heddphone are the same way price wise.

Top Bottom