• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New multibit DAC coming from Schiit -

Svperstar

Being new doesn't make it better than old. If you look at the measurements in that thread you can see what kind of performance one should expect from the new Schiit models.

For sure but I mean at least they aren't digging up old chips from 1985 and claiming they sound magical, its a new, modern piece of equipment.

gvl

Major Contributor
For sure but I mean at least they aren't digging up old chips from 1985 and claiming they sound magical, its a new, modern piece of equipment.

I kind of wish they did. Like found a big stash of PCM1704-K chips and gave them a proper treatment.

JWAmerica

I simply cannot fathom spending $2500 on a Schiit product, no less a DAC. This isn't a Marantz or Denon product that will still work in 30 years.

OP
D

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I simply cannot fathom spending $2500 on a Schiit product, no less a DAC. This isn't a Marantz or Denon product that will still work in 30 years.
There are some compromises that must be made to use parts all made in the USA.

ouimetnick

In fairness to Schiit, I’m not confident that a brand new $2500 Marantz or Denon piece of equipment will be working in 30 years either. With proprietary and next to impossible to source ICs, they aren’t really repairable like vintage Marantz gear is.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Thread notice: There will be Zero tolerance for discussing Covid and/or Masks, Pro or Anti. Any further posts that even mention this subject will receive an instant Warning and Thread Ban.

Please and thank you.

OP
D

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Moving a sick kid can overwhelm various indices daily.

Dismayed

Let the market decide...if there are too expensive and perform poor then by science of economics they will cease to exist.

LOL!!! Science of economics? I studied Econ at U Chicago, but it was after I was educated as a scientist. Econ models typically make embarrassingly bad assumptions and then economists pretend that the results are useful. I’ve long maintained that the very best economists rarely rise to the level of a mediocre scientist.

Nikolaos

LOL!!! Science of economics? I studied Econ at U Chicago, but it was after I was educated as a scientist. Econ models typically make embarrassingly bad assumptions and then economists pretend that the results are useful. I’ve long maintained that the very best economists rarely rise to the level of a mediocre scientist.
At that time the conclusions came out by observations and not by statistics. So, it was very easy to say "the hand of God will fix everything

Dismayed

At that time the conclusions came out by observations and not by statistics. So, it was very easy to say "the hand of God will fix everything
No, U Chicago was very mathematical when I was there. And the models were still junk. This is from the era when I studied. And I took option pricing as an elective.

0dc6ef53e160d774e3b0dbcb51f95467d6fbb880.PNG

Last edited:

raif71

Major Contributor
No, U Chicago was very mathematical when I was there. And the models were still junk. This is from the era when I studied. And I took option pricing as an elective.

0dc6ef53e160d774e3b0dbcb51f95467d6fbb880.PNG
You have such A Beautiful Mind :)

Dismayed

Top Bottom