• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New member here. Hi, (girls and guys?)

kxthor

Hey there, Nick here. I have been a wannabe audioholic I guess for the past however long I can remember. Over the past few years I have bought a few things that I won't bore you all with (klipsch fives mainly.)

My latest purchase however sounds better than I believe any other audio purchase I believe that I have ever made. I bought the RME headphone amp/dac, and a set of drop HD 6XX, and I think I have found my new obsession. Headphones are where its at. (I see now how they take the room out of it.) I dont even really know what I'm doing yet with the RME and it sounds worlds different. The only question is where to go from here. Which set of cans is next?

Spotify has been my main listening system for the past probably 2-5 years as well. I just signed up for the 16 bit verison of Tidal (trial.) If this is for a secondary service (just for me, my better half doesn't want to lose spotify. Should I go with Tidal or Qobuz? Thanks guys, hope everyone enjoyed there weekend.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I like both headphones and speakers. There's no doubt that headphones are the less expensive route to excellent sound, if you like headphones.

Top Bottom