• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newbie audio-lover here!

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Perhaps not the best option by one metric or another, but that comment is just pretentious. Given OP is still defining the use criteria, I will ask: have you ( @ZolaIII ) implemented this model of speaker in a room similar to OP’s?
Recall, there is more to doing a hifi setup methodologically than picking a favored biggest driver in a box, @ZolaIII . Am I missing something you intended to be clearer?
Physics are physics and it scales with size primary. There are measurements you know of T5 (their sub) and they where not good to say at least. Same goes for crossovers on various models, they got a bit better on newer models with digital one's but still far from reality good. It doesn't make much of a difference for you who just trow the speakers in room and that's it. When you do treatment and correction then you hear the difference very well. As that's the best they have to offer so far 2.1 system with that sub make conclusions on your own. They never had a goal to create something really good just better from similar Logitec offerings and for less money and they achieved that goal alright.
Edit: my current system is 2.2 in small half treated room and intense proper DSP optimisation and with ISO 226 2003. Contains of Yamaha A-S 700, QA Q3030i (port's plugged) and pair of Wharfedale WH-D10 sub's in minimal phase (close to wall behind) arrangement while DSP part is done on desktop PC (JRiver and Z SE card have also retired A-E5 Plus).
So show me your in room response and I will show you my entire ISO 226 2003 plot including waterfalls.
Edit: I also have retired R-N402D as well it doesn't fit my needs and used it as amplifier only (for obvious integration and DSP purposes).

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I searched for a whole day now ..nothing seems to fit my budget..if anything fit my budget it is not available in india...
I have relatives residing in US...i am thinking that i will ship one through them..it will free of cost may be as a gift from them when they visit india(my hometown place)
Well all in all I whose better in searching from Tempotec to SMSL and Focusrite and neither is a bad option per see especially for driving active speakers. You need to rest and reconsider what you really, really want. I tried to help you in line to my knowledge. It won't be effort free or without compromises so make those where it matters least. Most expensive is when you buy something that really doesn't satisfy your needs or work's good no matter how cheap you got it as basically you don't have nothing to start with. It's a trial and error process and blessed are those who don't know the difference.

OP
D
Well all in all I whose better in searching from Tempotec to SMSL and Focusrite and neither is a bad option per see especially for driving active speakers. You need to rest and reconsider what you really, really want. I tried to help you in line to my knowledge. It won't be effort free or without compromises so make those where it matters least. Most expensive is when you buy something that really doesn't satisfy your needs or work's good no matter how cheap you got it as basically you don't have nothing to start with. It's a trial and error process and blessed are those who don't know the difference.
Ok let me think peacefully...i will get back to you later

OP
D
FiiO BT-A 30 PRO, how about this?
Got good response also as a DAC and others. Cost is 11,990INR.

Thread 'Fiio BTA30 Pro Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver + DAC - Review' https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...th-transmitter-and-receiver-dac-review.38910/

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That Fiio (BTA30 Pro) looks fine. Perfectly decent DAC. I'm getting a little confused with all your options now and what you need.

The component that makes the biggest difference to your sound are your Speakers. Along with that is some option to process the sound - EQ - but that can perhaps be added later. Active or Passive doesn't matter.

Electronics: amplifier if you have Passive Speakers and DAC if you need one should all be fine if you choose sensibly. Good electronics are effectively transparent and you should find something decent in your budget.
You do not have a large space to fill, and you say you don't listen loud so you don't need large speakers or powerful amplification. You have good choices available.

What I don't quite understand is how you plan to get music into your system? Is it simply Bluetooth from your phone (to start with anyway)? Is that why you are looking at the FiiO?
Some of the speaker options you have looked at have digital inputs, so you don't need a DAC, and others don't.

I would find it helpful, and you might too, if you described your preferred option end-to-end. From your phone to your speakers, everything in between and how you expect to connect them. Where in your room would you put your new equipment and can you connect it all up neatly?

Try that for a couple of options and see what you think. Include the costs and you will start to see a proper comparison

OP
D
That Fiio (BTA30 Pro) looks fine. Perfectly decent DAC. I'm getting a little confused with all your options now and what you need.

The component that makes the biggest difference to your sound are your Speakers. Along with that is some option to process the sound - EQ - but that can perhaps be added later. Active or Passive doesn't matter.

Electronics: amplifier if you have Passive Speakers and DAC if you need one should all be fine if you choose sensibly. Good electronics are effectively transparent and you should find something decent in your budget.
You do not have a large space to fill, and you say you don't listen loud so you don't need large speakers or powerful amplification. You have good choices available.

What I don't quite understand is how you plan to get music into your system? Is it simply Bluetooth from your phone (to start with anyway)? Is that why you are looking at the FiiO?
Some of the speaker options you have looked at have digital inputs, so you don't need a DAC, and others don't.

I would find it helpful, and you might too, if you described your preferred option end-to-end. From your phone to your speakers, everything in between and how you expect to connect them. Where in your room would you put your new equipment and can you connect it all up neatly?

Try that for a couple of options and see what you think. Include the costs and you will start to see a proper comparison
My preferred option will be phone > bluetooth > speakers

The speakers will be placed in my Drawing cum living room(11 ft*10 ft size)

I thought that i cannot play music to active speakers without DAC or like some bluetooth receivers and same that i cannot play music to passive speakers without amplifiers (bluetooth preferred)...
That's why i am searching all of these DACs with bluetooth....

Can u suggest me something now about my setup

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@DrArkapravaSimlai plese try to search with a "balanced" included in search.
FiiO BT-A 30 PRO is unbalanced tho it outputs about 2.7 V and slightly clips then but still menage 2.4 V without cliping and doesn't have remote if that is still part of your requirement.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
DAC - digital to analog convertor so of course you can't play digital music without DAC and power amplifier on any kind of speakers.

OP
D
FiiO BT-A 30 PRO is unbalanced tho it outputs about 2.7 V and slightly clips then but still menage 2.4 V without cliping and doesn't have remote if that is still part of your requirement.
Bluetooth is sufficient, remote can be excused in this crisis time of availability

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Uffff that's a small room dire doctor, what's worse it's short.
This is simulation of it with minimal phase ideal placement and relatively on high listening position and close to the wall behind you (as you don't have space to waist):
JBL 308P.JPG

That's for JBL 308P Mk II.
BT is stupid you can control Spotify directly from phone for example that it plays on laptop and have room EQ trough EQ-APO along with equal loudness compensation (ISO 226 2003) or you gonna get something as shown on that picture. With half deacent wireless mouse you can control all remotely on it.
I hoped that the room is at least 5 m long so that that first peak would be in low thirties instead low fifties.

Last edited:
OP
D
Uffff that's a small room dire doctor, what's worse it's short.
This is simulation of it with minimal phase ideal placement and relatively on high listening position and close to the wall behind you (as you don't have space to waist):View attachment 358222
That's for JBL 308P Mk II.
BT is stupid you can control Spotify directly from phone for example that it plays on laptop and have room EQ trough EQ-APO along with equal loudness compensation (ISO 226 2003) or you gonna get something as shown on that picture. With half deacent wireless mouse you can control all remotely on it.
I hoped that the room is at least 5 m long so that that first peak would be in low thirties instead low fifties.
Actually i dont want to involve my laptop much...wanting a simple setup like phone > bluetooth> DAC> speakers!.
Isnt it possible?

OP
D

I found this...balanced...remote is also there

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Option 1: Phone => Bluetooth => Edifier S3000pro
Option 2: Phone => Bluetooth => FiiO BTA30pro => RCA Cables => JBL 308P ii (you don't need the 308 in that room, so also consider cheaper 306)
Option 3: Phone => Bluetooth => FiiO BTA30pro => RCA Cables => Aiyima 07 => Speaker cables => Mission LX speakers

You can replace the FiiO with another DAC, but you will still need a way of connecting your phone into the system. The SMSL D6S does have Bluetooth
Three options, to give you an idea of what is possible

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Actually i dont want to involve my laptop much...wanting a simple setup like phone > bluetooth> DAC> speakers!.
Isnt it possible?
It's possible but it won't really sound good and I shown you why. Giving all in consideration I am bailing out, good luck to you achieving what you want.
D-6S has a better BT chip and codec support than M300 SE (DAC not so but more than good enough anyway) for 3K rupies more and remote is pretty much the same so if you're hart desire that go for it.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Isnt it possible?
Definitely possible, not difficult at all. @ZolaIII is hoping you will consider a solution using room correction (REW + EQAPO on a laptop) which is certainly a good idea, but adds complexity.

If you do not want perfect to be the enemy of good, and you don't want to involve the laptop, I think the JBL + SMSL or FiiO will work fine. In the future if you choose to upgrade, you can add subwoofers, DSP or laptop for room correction, etc.

You will not be closing off future options by starting with this simple setup. In fact you can always just connect the laptop to the DAC to start using room correction later.

I will concur with Zolalll that a setup with room correction will ultimately sound better, maybe much better. But, you don't have to reach perfection on day 1.

OP
D
Option 2: Phone => Bluetooth => FiiO BTA30pro => RCA Cables => JBL 308P ii (you don't need the 308 in that room, so also consider cheaper 306)
Option 3: Phone => Bluetooth => WiiM mini =>
Ok..now it became easier to me for choosing.
Option 2 is better fit in my budget.
I may get JBL 306p mkII @ 26,000 to 29,000INR(PAIR)

Wiim mini is not available here in most of the stores...one have it but quoting high price (16,000INR).

OP
D
It's possible but it won't really sound good and I shown you why. Giving all in consideration I am bailing out, good luck to you achieving what you want.
D-6S has a better BT chip and codec support than M300 SE (DAC not so but more than good enough anyway) for 3K rupies more and remote is pretty much the same so if you're hart desire that go for it.
Thank you for your support.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Option 3: Phone => Bluetooth => FiiO BTA30pro => RCA Cables => Aiyima 07 => Speaker cables => Mission LX speakers

You can replace the FiiO with another DAC, but you will still need a way of connecting your phone into the system. The SMSL D6S does have Bluetooth
Three options, to give you an idea of what is possible
JBL's are balanced only and with mod cable's you lose 6 dB gain (5 with BT-A 30 PRO).

Top Bottom