• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newbie audio-lover here!

Hello, I am from India. I used to listen 60s/70s/80s american and british rock, psychedelic rock, metal, blues, few selective jazz, country music mainly from my college days which stopped during by initial phase of money earning working period, but now i have a stable job and want to re-start my musical journey.
I live in a small government quarter (1BHK+2T).

I want to set a 2.0 speaker system with an amplifier initially where my music source will be spotify/apple music/youtube music via bluetooth(more preferring)/aux cable(less preferred). Budget is 30,000 INR(±5000 INR I CAN MANAGE)

In future as i save some money i may upgrade the setup with a sub-woofer and cd player.

SO MY HUMBLE REQUEST TO THIS FORUM THAT PLEASE SUGGEST ME AS PER MY REQUIREMENTS WITHIN MY BUDGET.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @DrArkapravaSimlai! Welcome to ASR.

For a traditional, passive setup with a dedicated Amp, you should seriously consider the WiiM Amp.

You can stream your music to it via WiFi (higher quality than Bluetooth), and it has internal bass management, Parametric EQ for room correction, and RCA/Optical in where you can attach a CD Player.

I know it's not cheap, but it's such a good center piece with everything you need for future upgrades, that it's totally worth the investment, IMO.

For the speakers, take a look here:

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
As a less expensive alternative, you could also look at the WiiM mini (10,000 INR) and an amplifier like the Aiyima 07 (8,000 INR) which would leave you around 17,000 INR for speakers.
That will give you some of the benefits that StaticV3 lists. You will not get bass management or a digital input but you can still add your future CD player. Alternatively, you can rip any CDs to a computer and stream them from the WiiM over wi-fi. This is also cheaper than buying a CD player.

You could even consider the WiiM mini and a set of active speakers (amplifiers built in). Look at the Review Index on this site, but Edifier MR4 would be a good reference point to start (11,000 INR) or better JBL 305P (25,000 INR)

I'm estimating the costs, hopefully they are close though

OP
D
Hi @DrArkapravaSimlai! Welcome to ASR.

For a traditional, passive setup with a dedicated Amp, you should seriously consider the WiiM Amp.

You can stream your music to it via WiFi (higher quality than Bluetooth), and it has internal bass management, Parametric EQ for room correction, and RCA/Optical in where you can attach a CD Player.

I know it's not cheap, but it's such a good center piece with everything you need for future upgrades, that it's totally worth the investment, IMO.

For the speakers, take a look here:
I cannot afford that WiiM amp...

OP
D
As a less expensive alternative, you could also look at the WiiM mini (10,000 INR) and an amplifier like the Aiyima 07 (8,000 INR) which would leave you around 17,000 INR for speakers.
That will give you some of the benefits that StaticV3 lists. You will not get bass management or a digital input but you can still add your future CD player. Alternatively, you can rip any CDs to a computer and stream them from the WiiM over wi-fi. This is also cheaper than buying a CD player.

You could even consider the WiiM mini and a set of active speakers (amplifiers built in). Look at the Review Index on this site, but Edifier MR4 would be a good reference point to start (11,000 INR) or better JBL 305P (25,000 INR)

I'm estimating the costs, hopefully they are close though
I am more towards that Aiyima amplifier with a pair of decent passive stereo speaker. Frankly speaking i dont want much complicated setup. My job profile is ever changing posting job every 3-4 years.
I have to keep in mind this thing also.

And there is also cold war going with wife from the day i planned for this audio setup, she needs to be convinced as well. Recently bought iphone 14 Pro max for wife and OnePlus 12 for me....so present budget is also tight.may save some money slowly and upgrade later on as it suits well for me.

Talisman

Forum Donor
Hello, I am from India. I used to listen 60s/70s/80s american and british rock, psychedelic rock, metal, blues, few selective jazz, country music mainly from my college days which stopped during by initial phase of money earning working period, but now i have a stable job and want to re-start my musical journey.
I live in a small government quarter (1BHK+2T).

I want to set a 2.0 speaker system with an amplifier initially where my music source will be spotify/apple music/youtube music via bluetooth(more preferring)/aux cable(less preferred). Budget is 30,000 INR(±5000 INR I CAN MANAGE)

In future as i save some money i may upgrade the setup with a sub-woofer and cd player.

SO MY HUMBLE REQUEST TO THIS FORUM THAT PLEASE SUGGEST ME AS PER MY REQUIREMENTS WITHIN MY BUDGET.
Since the budget is very low, you have to save as much as possible for the parts that make little difference as an amplifier.
Since you will be using Bluetooth, it is better to choose an amplifier option with integrated Bluetooth that is possibly low cost and has a decent amount of power and decent quality. So I recommend the Fosi audio BT20A pro.
Anything else you can spend put into the best speakers possible. Maybe Polk audio ES20, two normal electrical cables will do the job as speaker cables.

OP
D
Since the budget is very low, you have to save as much as possible for the parts that make little difference as an amplifier.
Since you will be using Bluetooth, it is better to choose an amplifier option with integrated Bluetooth that is possibly low cost and has a decent amount of power and decent quality. So I recommend the Fosi audio BT20A pro.
Anything else you can spend put into the best speakers possible. Maybe Polk audio ES20, two normal electrical cables will do the job as speaker cables.
I am considering Fosi audio bt 20A pro(8799 INR in amazon.in) or Fosi audio 30D pro(9599 INR in amazon.in)...both are well in my budget...now rest will be dedicated to speakers and cables(remaining 20,000 INR)...PLS SUGGEST SPEAKERS NOW AT THIS PRICE RANGE.
*Polk audio signature elite ES-20 cost here 33,440 INR*

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Search for JBL 308P Mk II sold locally and with valid warranty! They get on action quit usually in India. Pair it with Focusrite Scarlett 3rd gen which you can also probably find cheap as it's outlet. Use USB connection from PC/laptop to audio interface and balanced cables to speakers and that's about it.

Last edited:
OP
D
I just received a quote from a local dealer(confirmed original sealed box with company warranty included)

1. Polk ES 20 @ 30,000 INR.
2. POLK ES 15 @ 26,250 INR.
3. POLK XT 20 @ 22,875 INR.
4. POLK XT 15 @ 16,500 INR.
5. Q ACOUSTICS 3010i @ 23,985 INR.
6. Q ACOUSTICS 3020i @ 29,875 INR.
7. JBL STAGE A13O @ 25,990 INR.
8. FYNE AUDIO F300 @ 22,865 INR.
9. ELAC DEBUT 2.0 B5.2 @ 27,120 INR.
10. MISSION LX-2 MK-II @ 19,999 INR.
11. POLK AUDIO T-15 @15,500 INR(amazon.in)
12. MISSION LX-3 MK-II @ 29,900 INR

OP
D
Search for JBL 308P Mkii II sold locally and with valid warranty! They get on action quit usually in India. Pair it with Focusrite Scarlett 3rd gen which you can also probably find cheap as it's outlet. Use USB connection from PC/laptop to audio interface and balanced cables to speakers and that's about it.
JBL 308P MKII @ 30,999 for a pair( amazon.in)...but it is a powered monitor right? I am into passive speakers only.

OP
D
I just received a quote from a local dealer(confirmed original sealed box with company warranty included)

@Talisman what do you suggest?

Talisman

Forum Donor
@Talisman what do you suggest?
If your budget allows it, the Polk Audio ES 20 has been reviewed by Amir with excellent results and a low frequency response that almost no bookshelf speaker at that price has achieved, so I would discard any speaker priced close enough.
The speakers with the lowest prices are also those with 5 inch woofers (instead of 6) and in this price range a slightly larger woofer can make a lot of difference, even a few hz lower in frequency response can increase great listening pleasure.
If you really don't get to the ES20 I would try the JBL stage 130, also reviewed here on the site with very good results

OP
D
If your budget allows it, the Polk Audio ES 20 has been reviewed by Amir with excellent results and a low frequency response that almost no bookshelf speaker at that price has achieved, so I would discard any speaker priced close enough.
The speakers with the lowest prices are also those with 5 inch woofers (instead of 6) and in this price range a slightly larger woofer can make a lot of difference, even a few hz lower in frequency response can increase great listening pleasure.
If you really don't get to the ES20 I would try the JBL stage 130, also reviewed here on the site with very good results
Fosi audio bt 20A pro or Fosi audio bt 30d pro ?
Which amp will be more suitable with polk es 20 or jbl stage A130?

Talisman

Forum Donor
Fosi audio bt 20A pro or Fosi audio bt 30d pro ?
Which amp will be more suitable with polk es 20 or jbl stage A130?
The one you like best and best suited to your needs. Bear in mind though that the BT20A pro has been reviewed so we know it performs well, the 30D will probably be very similar (but we don't know for sure) in any case it's unlikely you'll hear a difference. They are both good for getting the job done

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
JBL 308P MKII @ 30,999 for a pair( amazon.in)...but it is a powered monitor right? I am into passive speakers only.
Yes but you don't have money for that don't you? Half deacent cheap Yamaha R-S202B is 31 K Rupies alone and deacent speakers even more and you still need DAC at least.
This way you get 8" deacent active speakers that are 45% discounted for 31 K and can pass without subwoofer and Solo is another 13,624 and you just need to get cables atop of that.
Then you find a measuring microphone and it can be any that you can find for cheap and doesn't even have to be new or USB (as you have XLR input and preamp on interface) and then you have DSP/room correction also trough REW/EQ-APO or Foobar 2000 + Math Audio room correction plugin and for free.

staticV3

Master Contributor

Polk XT and ES are both good (a bit hot). The Polk T15 is horrible.

JBL Stage A130 has bad QC, I'd skip it.

Mission LX-3 looks good. Elac not so much with a bad crossover.

Estimated In-Room Response (2).jpgEstimated In-Room Response (4).jpgEstimated In-Room Response (3).jpgEstimated In-Room Response (8).jpgEstimated In-Room Response (6).jpgEstimated In-Room Response (7).jpgEstimated In-Room Response.jpgEstimated In-Room Response (5).jpgEstimated In-Room Response (1).jpg

Top Bottom