• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

new headphone AMP: Schiit Heresy Vs. Topping L30 II

kondalord

Hello everybody, hi everyone, I'm about to buy a new headphone AMP. Currently I use the fulla 2, and I decided to pair it with a new AMP (waiting to buy a new DAC too). The choice falls between the Magni Heresy and the Topping L30-II.

Does anyone have direct experience between the two that goes beyond just the difference in power output?

thak you

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had both, the Heresy is better because you get it's full power with 2 volts in. The L30 only gets to it's rated power with a DAC that inputs much more, which limits options. The only downside to it is the location of the volume wheel, which can be annoying since it's so close to the headphone jack. If you get the L30 make sure the serial number on the side is starting with 2112 or higher. The earlier ones had a recall but they're still circulating. In certain conditions they've blown out some headphones, I think it had to due with humidity.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had both, the Heresy is better because you get it's full power with 2 volts in. The L30 only gets to it's rated power with a DAC that inputs much more, which limits options. The only downside to it is the location of the volume wheel, which can be annoying since it's so close to the headphone jack. If you get the L30 make sure the serial number on the side is starting with 2112 or higher. The earlier ones had a recall but they're still circulating. In certain conditions they've blown out some headphones, I think it had to due with humidity.
OP is asking about the newly released L30 mk 2 recently reviewed here. It can get full voltage swing from 2v this time around .

tlr125

Does anyone have direct experience between the two that goes beyond just the difference in power output?
tried Heresy and it just as good as L30 II i have atm, question of "taste" and price in your region, high sensitivity IEMs may feel better with L30II but i'm not listen IEMs (so not sure about that). They even have similar 15VAC transformers within the package. You won't been dissapointed with either

yandaex

tried Heresy and it just as good as L30 II i have atm, question of "taste" and price in your region, high sensitivity IEMs may feel better with L30II but i'm not listen IEMs (so not sure about that). They even have similar 15VAC transformers within the package. You won't been dissapointed with either
hi what's ur opinion on the new l30ii? On paper the measurement is insane, but some ppl said its sound isn't pleasant at all since it's a topping product. Is that true?

Top Bottom