• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New amp or up to date streaming for my Yamaha R-N301 ?

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yamaha R-N301 is my amp, it has streaming abilities but only airplay works smooth with youtube, laggy,not smooth with tidal (airMusic for android works) nothing else, my amp,phone and the yamaha app is to old,different to work together, flawless

I shortly have tried heos and in the very short period i used it, it worked

Im interested in bluetooth and dab radio with a display, optical or coaxial into my amp would be nice

What are my option on a low budget ?

Has amirm reviewed anything cheap worth mentioning ?

Another option is a better amp or an amp with bt and dab radio, yes i can just stream it from my pc but why not a streamer with a display ?

If for some reason i find one or looking for one (i want to avoid a surround receiver) i want one with power

Onkyo TX-8220 is not that expensive less then half the price of a Denon DRA-900H and almost half the price of a Marantz NR1200

The onkyo has 100 watt pr channel dynamic in 6 ohm 1khz 10% (80watt i 8 ohm and 120watt in 4ohm) but the NR1200 is mentioned as an amp that could use a little more power, for me power is 80-100 watt pr channel in 8 ohm 20-20khz less then 1% thd, my amp has 2x100 watt in 8 ohm 0.2% thd and 2x150 watt peak power in 6 ohm, which is enough, not to much, since i limited it to 73 out of 100 (dynaudio emit m10) so it always sounds clean and with no distortion.

How much louder i perceive the volume when i play as loud as it can just before distortion, i don't know, the extra power is not to play super super loud but for playing loud and having it clean and distortion free

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Hi, i just wanna let you know unless theres a super offer on black friday im not gonna buy a new amp

I got my net radio to work, now i wanna have the option of bluetooth, spdif out (for my amp, i only have coaxial and optical left unless i wanna go analog and have my cdplayer going into the digital in, which i don't wanna), the last thing i wanna have is like my backup amp Fosi audio BT20A, to have bt work aut meaning the it turns on,off automatic meaning i don't have to press a button to turn it on and to mkae bt work,active, power it's on,no power it's off (if connected to the usb port on my amp for power, it should turn off aut, i just have high pitched noise when starting to stream using a very cheap bt unit and which usb noise thing should i buy if i don't what the expensive ones that ifi audio makes)

Adaboy4z

I have that Yamaha (3rd system) and it is a strong amp, good review from Audioholics. I use it for streaming net radio connected via LAN. I have connected a SMSL SU-1 Dac to it and streamed Tidal from a tablet and laptop. Thinking of getting a Wimi Pro streamer and ditch the PC all together.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

How wold you do that when you need a computer to stream the music to the wiim ?

Top Bottom