• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann kh310 wall mount

klangfilm

Hi,

I would like to mount my kh310 on a wall.
I know that Neumann sell accessories for that but they are very expensive.

My idea is to use a tv wall support and to attach it to the kh310 vertical existing brackets on the kh310 back side with an adapter that I would build.
But I am a bit worried that these brackets on the back side of the kh310 can not be used for this and that could damage the kh310 structure.

I have contacted Neumann support and they replied that I can use the kh310 rear side brackets to mount them on a wall but after that they told me that I would be able to find the explications in the kh310 installation guide. The problem is that there isn't anything about that in this guide and so I suspect that they did not understood what I meant!

Any idea ?
I have also thought to use a wall support with a plate to put the kh310 on the plate but it very hard to find.

Thanks!

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

I would like to mount my kh310 on a wall.
I know that Neumann sell accessories for that but they are very expensive.

My idea is to use a tv wall support and to attach it to the kh310 vertical existing brackets on the kh310 back side with an adapter that I would build.
But I am a bit worried that these brackets on the back side of the kh310 can not be used for this and that could damage the kh310 structure.

I have contacted Neumann support and they replied that I can use the kh310 rear side brackets to mount them on a wall but after that they told me that I would be able to find the explications in the kh310 installation guide. The problem is that there isn't anything about that in this guide and so I suspect that they did not understood what I meant!

Any idea ?
I have also thought to use a wall support with a plate to put the kh310 on the plate but it very hard to find.

Thanks!
I am pretty sure i have seen this installation guide somewhere including the mention of using the rear bracket for wall mounting. What document did you find?

You mean the black aluminium rails on the back, right? They have holes for screws and such.
Edit: in the manual, they are called "handles with mounting holes".
You need angled cables for power and xlr though, if you want to put them flat on a wall. Also it may not be ideal if you ca 't angle the speakers to your listening position.

Last edited:
OP
K

klangfilm

Yes the black rails on the back you can see page 5 of the installation guide attached.
Indeed they are called handles.
I don't want to put them flat on the wall because they will have an angle to my listening position.
If these brackets are made of aluminium perhaps they are not sturdy enough.
On the other side, if they can be used as handles, they should be OK.
I don't know!

Attachments

• neumann_kh310_manual_549111_1212_en_1 (1).pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 49

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Neumann provides dozens of documents and drawings. The most extensive i´ve found in the download area is this ("KH310 Mounting drawings"):

There´s a lot of detailed information, but indeed not one example of using the handles for wall mounting. They probably don´t recommend it because it is hard to do without some adapter (space for cables and installing screws, also angling the speakers). I still think i have seen this, but maybe it was in an older document.
Anyway, i wouldn´t worry the "handles with mounting holes" are not sturdy enough - as long as you use both sides it should be ok.

OP
K

klangfilm

Thanks a lot!
My other idea is to use 2 brackets.
The kh310 would be placed on one side of the brackets and the other part of the bracket, the vertical one, would be fixed on the tv wall mount support.

HerbertWest

FWIW Neumann mounting accessories are extremely solid. I used their wall mounts for the KH80 at home for ceiling duty, and “pointing” the speakers to the listening position was east. I suspect that in case of earthquake these things will be the only things standing. :p

Top Bottom