• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Definitive Tech Pro 800 Replacements for Rears?

lookstoomuch

I have been building out my home theater over time and currently use definitive tech pro monitor 800's as my rear channel and front heights in a combined Atmos / Auro 3d setup.

Why did I settle on the 800's? I got them for cheap and they have very flexible mounting capabilities which helps in my somewhat unusual floor plan / room setup. Recently I got the itch to upgrade the rear channels (at least), to something which can dig a little deeper (not hard vs. the 800's) however struggling to land on what to buy, but the requirements are:

1. At least as sensitive (89db?). Supposedly the 800's are 89db, however the ASR review of the 1000's make that claim somewhat questionable.
2. Small'ish. Preferred to be less than 14" height
3. Relatively cheap (< $200). The brackets I'll use to wall mount will attach directly to the cabinet with screws so they'll not retain much value. I'm happy to scan the used market to find something.

I immediately went to Klipsch as I thought they'd meet the sensitivity requirement however the R-41M looks pretty poor based on Amir's review, perhaps not an improvement over the Def Tech's so looking for other suggestions.

Top Bottom