• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH150

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
In this video the guy from Neumann says it's basically a KH310 in a smaller and more affordable package.
Thank you for sharing.

I think you misquote him slightly though. This is what he says:

2AEF900A-00C3-4640-97EB-29BBA5C0236B.jpeg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What is that amp technology that is not class D that was described below? I thought it was just regular class D.

"Neumann engineers develop a patent-pending amplifier technology which combines superior audio performance with the energy efficiency of Class D. Although the KH 150’s amplifiers deliver up to 145 W to the 6.5” woofer and 100 W to the 1” tweeter, they only consume 17 W at idle. Auto-standby reduces power consumption to 0.3 W when the KH 150 has not been used for a while, but can be deactivated."

mulderX

Hallo asr!
In a 10 sq room, will be treated. With minidsp ddrc ( possible will upgrade to shd), i want to add the 310. Is it worth it to buy 150 instead?

dfuller

Major Contributor
What is that amp technology that is not class D that was described below? I thought it was just regular class D.

"Neumann engineers develop a patent-pending amplifier technology which combines superior audio performance with the energy efficiency of Class D. Although the KH 150’s amplifiers deliver up to 145 W to the 6.5” woofer and 100 W to the 1” tweeter, they only consume 17 W at idle. Auto-standby reduces power consumption to 0.3 W when the KH 150 has not been used for a while, but can be deactivated."

Class H or BASH, one of the two, really.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
The German one says they're better than Genelec.

My German is a bit rusty though so please don't quote me on it.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The German one says they're better than Genelec.

My German is a bit rusty though so please don't quote me on it.
This means nothing to me and should mean nothing to anyone else. I will patiently wait for reliable third party measurements and finally make up my mind in my own living room....

I am curious about the progress they will make over my Amphion Argon 3s, which represent a similar design.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The paragraph about the Staubschutzpolsterungsauswirkungen on the Schiebereglereinraststellungspräzision is the best part of the bonedo-article.

The S&R review surely features third party measurements and very likely a spinorama graph. Have not seen it yet, though.

Grotti

Forum Donor
The paragraph about the Staubschutzpolsterungsauswirkungen on the Schiebereglereinraststellungspräzision is the best part of the bonedo-article.

The S&R review surely features third party measurements and very likely a spinorama graph. Have not seen it yet, though.
The review on S&R won't be available for free for quite a while even when it would be published soon. I rely on Amir ;o)....

changer

I heard he wouldn’t publish his until 7.80 Euro where donated to ASR ‍:confused:

Top Bottom