• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH 750 & Trinnov ST2

DevEion

Anyone have any recommendations for how to best connect/configure a single Neumann KH 750 DSP and a pair of KH 310A to a Trinnov ST2 Pro? Not planning on using the DSP function with KH 750 since I have the Trinnov. My intent is to stay digital as much as possible; using the AES output on my audio-interface and running it strait into the AES input on the Trinnov. From there run there, connect KH 310A monitors to the Analog outputs on the Trinnov. The only thing I am really unsure about is how to best connect the KH 750 DSP to the Trinnov. I know the manual provides multiple example diagrams for routing monitors through the KH 750, but when using a Trinnov this obviously doesn't make any sense. So would it be better to connect the KH 750 to the Trinnov via the AES outputs or the Analog outputs? I know there was some issues with stereo discussed previously. Thanks for your comments!

unpluggged

So would it be better to connect the KH 750 to the Trinnov via the AES outputs or the Analog outputs?

I'd connect the KH 750 via AES (perhaps using the Neutrik 110/75 Ohm transformer as it's recommended for this case), route the sub output from Trinnov to the AES channel B (right), and set channel B mode on the sub to "External bass management". But if you connect the sub via analog (again, to the B channel in "External bass management" mode), it shouldn't be any worse. The KH 310 should be connected to the Trinnov directly then, as the sub mutes its analog output in this mode, but obviously this is what you were going to do in the first place.

Top Bottom