• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

pogo

Major Contributor
Dirac Live currently has bugs and you could be affected.
Have you compared the M66 with the M33 in pre-amp mode? Is there an audible difference with your external power amps?

Last edited:

pogo

Major Contributor
The software for the M66 is still under development. You can recognise this by the BluOS version, which has three digits at the end.
What is the current status/BluOS version?

sharock

That should most certainly be a metal shaft in gear of this price point. Hope you can get it fixed/repaired without having to return it to NAD.
Agreed, a piece of plastic holding on the knob, which is metal and heavy, just feels like cutting corners on such an expensive device.

I have been using my M66 nonstop since I got it Feb 27th. One issue with mine, anyway, is that I power it off completely, but every time, it gives an error, and I have to do a factory reset.
I have been trying to use Dirac Live with bass control, but it just really kills the system when I have it enabled. My room is treated, so maybe I don't need it, but I was interested in the speakers and sub's time alignment. I have had the M33 for close to three years, and I am not so sure this upgrade was worth it for me.
What's the error? That sounds like cause for replacement. Mine doesn't seem to be suffering from that... yet.

Have you measured your system with just the M33? I have to say DLBC with 3 subs has really improved things below 200Hz a lot.

Top Bottom