• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My first attempt at Dirac this morning (on the 3800)

OP
E

EWL5

I didn't use a boom mic stand but I was able to get 9 measurements based on a "tight" (single person) seating profile. I moved the xo point under Bass Management (which I didn't do in the prior corrections) and applied the Harman+8 target curve. Music is wonderful and movie soundtracks are finally where I expected them to be!

The key appears to be having measurements at different heights and not just multiple measuring points in the same lateral direction!

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I didn't use a boom mic stand but I was able to get 9 measurements based on a "tight" (single person) seating profile. I moved the xo point under Bass Management (which I didn't do in the prior corrections) and applied the Harman+8 target curve. Music is wonderful and movie soundtracks are finally where I expected them to be!

The key appears to be having measurements at different heights and not just multiple measuring points in the same lateral direction!
Perhaps you think this is stupid, but I love posts from users who got their eureka! moment. :)

OP
E

EWL5

Perhaps you think this is stupid, but I love posts from users who got their eureka! moment. :)
It truly has been a worthwhile endeavor to finally dial it in! I was watching Ep.1 of Masters of the Air last night and the small metal "tinking" sound as flak entered the cabin of the B17s was music to my ears!

I also find myself shuffling through Apple Music app on the AppleTV just to hear the glorious spatial audio tracks! Some of the older songs are absolutely wonderful in surround (this coming from someone who already has a collection of DVD-A, SACD, and one dedicated BD audio disc)!

patoulol

Forum Donor
Storm Audio uses the highest number of taps in their machines and even they're very limited compared to 131,072 taps (2.73Hz minimum resolution) I regularly need with a PC for proper bass correction.
Are you talking about what PC correction software??

OCA

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Are you talking about what PC correction software??
I use Roon but free Equalizer APO or Camilla DSP can do just as fine.

Top Bottom