• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MQA Sounds Really Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
"As for me I will continue to fight against the juggernaut of backwards progress in home music reproduction." SAL1950 Post
Add my name to that list Sal...and...just curious...any of you ever hear LIVE music....i.e. no microphones--speakers---cables---mixing boards...Still possible...Carnegie Hall...Metropolitan opera...David Geffen Hall aka Philharmonic Hall @ Lincoln Center?? Just wondering
I sing in the shower all the time, does that count?
Sure I've heard live music, what does that have to do with the value or lack of in MQA?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Dude I still have 8 tracks ,vinyl ,cassettes ,cd's and music of all formats and bitrates ,I have amps ,instruments,midi,computer music software,and I don't call myself a audiophile i just like music,shoot a friend of mine still has his reel to reel and a massive album collection.
And all that has what to do with the discussion of MQA?
I'm don't get where you guys are going with this?

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Why MQA when you can uncompressed wav?:p

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nope. A real 24/192 Qobuz Studio stream is far better than MQA lossy crap for my mobile setup! Verified by my Chord Mojo showing blue power light = 192 KHz

untitled2.jpg

gikigill

My question to the MQA crowd is.

What problem does it solve that FLAC at 24/192/5Mbps doesn't solve?

I have a copy of The Dark Knight Rises in above resoluton and how does MQA make it any better?

solderdude

Grand Contributor

It solves the MQA light not coming on with FLAC files. :cool:
The light coming on eases your mind that you are hearing the highest possible studio quality :oops:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

I have a copy of The Dark Knight Rises in above resoluton and how does MQA make it any better?

It makes it much better...for Meridian.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It makes a lot of money for most everyone in the industry. From the selling of new MQA compatible components, to the selling of MQA encoded music either via streaming or encoded discs, plus the advertisement text of all the above in the HiEnd print and web media. Everyone makes money except the consumer, he has to spend it. ;)

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

What problem does 24/192 or 24/96 or 24/88.2 solve that something in the range of 16 / 44.1 to 24 / 48 doesn’t solve?

MQA, hi-res, ultra HD, it’s all pyrite.

Dogen

Forum Donor
What problem does 24/192 or 24/96 or 24/88.2 solve that something in the range of 16 / 44.1 to 24 / 48 doesn’t solve?

MQA, hi-res, ultra HD, it’s all pyrite.

I agree, but hi-res and ultra HD are voluntary and potentially harmful only to the ones who choose them. MQA costs eventually roll down to everyone.

Eirikur

It solves the MQA light not coming on with FLAC files. :cool:
The light coming on eases your mind that you are hearing the highest possible studio quality :oops:

Adding a small rechargeable battery could reassure you that even silence is studio quality - imagine that, your entire life could be studio quality!

dmac6419

Major Contributor
It makes a lot of money for most everyone in the industry. From the selling of new MQA compatible components, to the selling of MQA encoded music either via streaming or encoded discs, plus the advertisement text of all the above in the HiEnd print and web media. Everyone makes money except the consumer, he has to spend it. ;)
The consumer supposed to spend money,music is not free "but this new generation think it is",I remember when we would tape music off of the radio I still have the cassettes ,then we would get paid on Friday wasn't no direct deposit then,then we would go to the record store Sam Goody's,Tower Records,Sound of Market or Webb's the latter two are Philly stores and buy the records,cassettes or Cd's you could spend $20-$30 easily,I'll spend $20 a month for million of Albums no matter what format they're in.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'll spend $20 a month for million of Albums no matter what format they're in.
Sure, but what has that to do with the MQA hoax on the public? Tidal is the only streamer currently offering MQA, and if you know anything about the owner Jay Z, they kind of fit together.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
,I'll spend $20 a month for million of Albums no matter what format they're in.

I'd rather spend $15 per month on a REAL Studio Hi-Rez streaming service not some LoSsy Hi-reZ that only certain MQA hoax certified DACs can play it yet still lossy in the end of it.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Sure, but what has that to do with the MQA hoax on the public? Tidal is the only streamer currently offering MQA, and if you know anything about the owner Jay Z, they kind of fit together.
I'd rather spend $15 per month on a REAL Studio Hi-Rez streaming service not some LoSsy Hi-reZ that only certain MQA hoax certified DACs can play it yet still lossy in the end of it.
There it is,if Deezer or Qobuz had came out with it first y'all wouldn't have said a word,but since Jay Z is a part owner of Tidal it must be bad,Imma say it, that's why I subscribe to Tidal because i support black owned businesses and all others that i like.Better yet you need to produce an audio codec that the codec of all codec (ACOAC).Oh and just to let you know MQA is just one of many many many (hundred of them) audio codecs and it's not taking over audio codecs.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
There it is,if Deezer or Qobuz had came out with it first y'all wouldn't have said a word,but since Jay Z is a part owner of Tidal it must be bad...

That was quite a leap...

So, you're inferring that mentioning Jay Z has to do with his being Black, and that's why there is pushback on MQA?

Wow...that's something.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
That was quite a leap...

So, you're inferring that mentioning Jay Z has to do with his being Black, and that's why there is pushback on MQA?

Wow...that's something.
That's the truth,you need to read his comment (Tidal is the only streamer currently offering MQA, and if you know anything about the owner Jay Z, they kind of fit together.)woof woof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom