• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mola Mola Trajectum

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Mola Mola has been using NCore technology in the Kaluga amps for years, specifically a version of the NC1200. Since the Kula all-in-one integrated amp they have developed an update of their class D tech, which now they call Trajectum, and is also used in the standalone stereo power amp called Perca.

Looking inside the Perca, there is an input board followed by the main stereo amplifier+SMPS board, specced at 2x 150W 8Ohm 2x 300W 4Ohm. Could this be the Hypex NC252MP successor if released to OEMs? :)

A shame they did not release any measurements both on their website or manuals...

perca-9.jpg

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Sokel

Master Contributor
0.0003% THD (not specified where) and 128db S/N ratio.
Class A input board,new PSU.

I would like to see the THD+N vs Freq graph as that's where their target seems to be now.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think Trajectum is just a rebranded NCore as there are some differences:

Frequency Response
NCore 50 kHz
NCoreX 75 kHz
Trajectum 100 kHz

Not that anyone would hear the additional tone, but maybe this helps with the filter.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean still Bruno at Mola Mola , not Hypex
Mola Mola is a subbrand from Hypex, so consider both together.

Bruno is co-owner of Purifi, their direct competitor, so it would make no sense for Bruno to cooperate with Hypex/Mola Mola.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Probably the Mola-Mola markings on the PCB is a big tell.
If I remember well, the Mola Mola electronics are built in Netherlands wit PCBs marked Mola Mola while Hypex ones in Asia. So in theory they could sell the same stuff with green PCBs marked Hypex to us common mortals. But they told me they won't.
I don't think Trajectum is just a rebranded NCore as there are some differences:

Frequency Response
NCore 50 kHz
NCoreX 75 kHz
Trajectum 100 kHz

Not that anyone would hear the additional tone, but maybe this helps with the filter.
Well, Nilai has an FR of 0-70 kHz +0 - -3 dB but also 0-100 kHz if you look down to - 6 dB.
I have hard time to believe that Hypex developped 3 different techs (NcoreX, Nilai and Trajectum) at the same time. But I may be wrong.

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
£7300!

Wowsers, any advantage over say the equivalent from Apollon?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If I remember well, the Mola Mola electronics are built in Netherlands wit PCBs marked Mola Mola while Hypex ones in Asia. So in theory they could sell the same stuff with green PCBs marked Hypex to us common mortals. But they told me they won't.

Well, Nilai has an FR of 0-70 kHz +0 - -3 dB but also 0-100 kHz if you look down to - 6 dB.
I have hard time to believe that Hypex developped 3 different techs (NcoreX, Nilai and Trajectum) at the same time. But I may be wrong.
They will in time…
Keith

Top Bottom