• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MoCA Network ??s

monkeyboy

I think I'd like to set up a MoCA network in a new rental. Anyone have any experience with MoCA good or bad?

If I understand it right, I'd be getting CAT 6 from ATT FiOS, into my Apple Airport Extreme, then out to a MoCA box as a bridge to COAX and other boxes scattered around the house a each COAX connection.

One MoCA box at the router can handle multiple end points, but they all share the same date pipe. Each of the COAX runs in the unit terminate at the same junction box, so I could run a MoCA bridge on each run, but I don't think I need all that bandwidth

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
It works surprisingly well but make sure you use v2.0 or v3.0 boxes.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know about multiple units. I use a pair to connect to a router with gigabit service. Direct connection to the router gets me 950 mbps. Connection over the MOCA gets me 880 mbps. I'm using bonded Actiontec 2.0 units.

Last edited:
Top Bottom