• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

miniDSP Flex

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

poxymoron

Another French retailer but way cheaper than audiophonics.fr, too good to be true?
Doesn't mention if it's in stock. Is anybody familiar with this retailer?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Another French retailer but way cheaper than audiophonics.fr, too good to be true?
MiniDSP might have enabled distributor discounts. the price seems believable.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Call if they really have stock or be prepared to cancel. It's about what i payed importing from China, so the price sounds legit if what @abdo123 is going on.

Last edited:

poxymoron

Very quick response from showroomaudio:
Maybe in June, difficult to know, we are not sure about the availability & price but i can keep you posted.

poxymoron

They have just added the digital version (still saying that all of them are out of stock, https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/flex), at no extra cost... what means that the +DAC and -DAC options cost (probably) the same.
Interesting. I expected the digital version to be slightly cheaper given that it has no DAC but it's not a deal breaker. No prices shown on the website now, can anybody remember the price for the unbalanced version? Thanks.

deafenears

Forum Donor
Interesting. I expected the digital version to be slightly cheaper given that it has no DAC but it's not a deal breaker. No prices shown on the website now, can anybody remember the price for the unbalanced version? Thanks.

USD475

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No prices shown on the website now, can anybody remember the price for the unbalanced version.
505USD with shipping.

RHO

Major Contributor
Update:
STOCK UPDATE (21st April 2022): Flex RCA, TRS and Digital are now in office being QC and going through last burnin test! We thank you for all your patience as we unfortunately had some unexpected delays due to the whole Covid drama affecting shipping/supply chains on both sides of the border. Thanks a ton for your understanding! Whole team is now focused on clearing the backlog with shipments starting early next week. We expect orders placed now to ship by early May based from the current backlog. Feel free to contact us if any questions.

RHO

Major Contributor
Still showing out of stock though...
Yes, I noticed.
I'm not in a hurry, but I can imagine that if you are really waiting for this to complete your system it can be frustrating.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could run something like this on a linux box with cron, say, every 30 minutes:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
wget -q -O- --user-agent="AudioScienceReview Availability Checker 1.0" "https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/flex" \
  | grep -q "Out of stock" \\
  || mail -s "MiniDSP Flex now available" [email protected]

Replace [email protected] with your email address and bobs your uncle.

Sluraad

Minidsp Flex units are back in stock, I just ordered a balanced w/Dirac.

Top Bottom