• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MiniDSP Flex HTx

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So is this now the only and best solution for a digital crossover for 3- and 4-way speaker pairs to include room correction and balanced output to Hypex amps?

I have not found anything else yet that's turnkey for this application.

dweeeeb2

So, mine arrived today. Im just playing with it in the spare room with 2.1 crappy speakers. I have xbox series x into LG CX. With CX audio IN set to bitstream EDIT: PCM, OUT set to passthrough. I can get the xbox to identify 7.1 uncompressed. The minidsp control centre on my laptop identifies 8 16bit lpcm channels. All input RMS meters are showing input. This is with games and Disney plus App (on xbox). Will try others soon…

Last edited:

IamJF

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They have a home theater product category now ... how cool would it be if they add decoding too.
They are working closely with Dirac for quite a while now ... make a 16 channel version with ATMOS decoding and Dirac ART ... and DIGITAL OUTPUTS! :cool:

Rahan

I Wonder if it can use my purpose. I am actally running 2.1 stéréo systeme but i would like to go 5.1.
Do you know if there is preset to to give LFE signal to the sub in theatre mode and 80 hz low pass when in stéréo mode?

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
I Wonder if it can use my purpose. I am actally running 2.1 stéréo systeme but i would like to go 5.1.
Do you know if there is preset to to give LFE signal to the sub in theatre mode and 80 hz low pass when in stéréo mode?
This is what I do with my Flex HT.
- Preset 1 for music stereo sources where I route left and right inputs to my mains output (with HPF) and my 2 subs outputs (with LPF)
- Preset 2 for video sources providing 5.1 LPCM, where each input channel is routed its matching out (with filters specified in LFE management tab, LFE input routed to both subs output)
- Preset 3 for video sources providing 2.0 LPCM applying same logic as preset 1 with additional filters, gain and routing for redirecting L+R also to central channel.

dadsnavE

Ordered: 11/24

Rec'd shipped email: 1/17

Delivered: 1/18 (to Michigan)

Anxious to find out if it plays nice with Roon...

chingaling

Please make this in a 12 channel unit for people that use Atmos, I don't even care if I have to use a 2x4 HD to run subs. If you can get licencing for Dolby, THX & IMAX game over. The only reason I'm not buying this is because upgrading from 7 channel to Atmos. I'm buying a Pioneer Elite VSX LX 505 this weekend. I've thought this over for the past two weeks going back and forth between a Pioneer Elite SC LX 701 801 or 901 to get atmos and then running minidsp and Dirac or the Pioneer 505 and just decided financinally its just cheaper to buy the 505 and use a miniDSP to run my three subs. I found a local stereo shop that will sell me the 505 for $799 BNIB. I'm going to be running external amps so all I'm really looking for is Dirac and the surround processing.

dweeeeb2

I’m continually getting an “imprecise measurement” notification when trying Dirac. I’m using a UMIK-2. Im in contact with MiniDSP and Dirac but its all taking a bit too long.

Just curious if anyone else is getting this issue?

FYI I dont get the error if I use my inbuilt laptop mic or if I use my wireless (not bluetooth) gaming headset mic.
I even set it up with different speakers and amps (2.1).
There a million settings it could be and I think Ive tried numerous combinations (50?). I’ve done all the troubleshooting suggestions.
Anyone actully fixed this problem?
cheers

EDIT: 21 Jan 2024: After a lot of help from MiniDSP and Dirac it was found that an older version of Dirac (v3.4.4) solved this issue. FYI I had the issue with v3.8.2 and v3.9.1.

Last edited:

Left

When everything is sorted could you please check how the volume works? I have read that the E-ARC works correctly to control the volume. I assume the volume knob does too. But if the HTx is configured as a USB gadget, can the HTx volume be controlled by a USB streamer? What happens when it changes sources?

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
I’m continually getting an “imprecise measurement” notification when trying Dirac. I’m using a UMIK-2. Im in contact with MiniDSP and Dirac but its all taking a bit too long.

Just curious if anyone else is getting this issue?

FYI I dont get the error if I use my inbuilt laptop mic or if I use my wireless (not bluetooth) gaming headset mic.
I even set it up with different speakers and amps (2.1).
There a million settings it could be and I think Ive tried numerous combinations (50?). I’ve done all the troubleshooting suggestions.
Anyone actully fixed this problem?
cheers
It happened to me recently (umik1) and it was caused by high noise floor (silent dishwasher running in the kitchen aside our living room).
Also are you running a long USB cable with the umik?

dweeeeb2

It happened to me recently (umik1) and it was caused by high noise floor (silent dishwasher running in the kitchen aside our living room).
Also are you running a long USB cable with the umik?
It’s happening with supplied cable and an alternative cable.
When you got the error did it say high noise floor as well?

Top Bottom