• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Meta-Database: List of Available Measurements Databases & Resources

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
A database of measurement databases, for common consumption. I refer to a few all the time. No doubt this represents only a piece of what's out there.

Thanks to everyone who's posted or otherwise referred to these resources.

External Databases
Speaker Data Viewers
Certain manufacturers provide data for viewing. A list is available on CLF, though it looks out of date.
ASR Member Sites
Youtube Channels

Last edited:
OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #2
I'll mention Head-Fi (not updated?), SBAF and Crinacle (Link 1, Link 2) here, just to be complete.

Edit: The reason I've not added them above is because the interpretations they offer are often very questionable, despite using measurements.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Forum Donor
OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #5
I would add to your list:

Subwoofer CEA2010 measurements from Audioholics (shown in an excel file).

How to find it?
1. Go to https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews
2. Click on latest review, latest is the SVS 3000 review.
3. Scroll to the bottom. You'll see: "Audioholics Subwoofer Measurement Data 11/11/19".

This is equivalent to the data-bass.com's CEA2010 measurements (shown as RMS SPL, measured at ground-plane @ 2m).
Cool, although I guess they use reviews as their main vehicle for uploading new spreadsheets rather than maintaining a central database.
There are other magazines/web journals with published measurements :)
Can you post a few? I was never much for audio magazines.

OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #11
I stumbled on these:
ken rockwell - speakers & headphones
estradaistudio (polish) - basicly looks like a "sister site" to Audio.com.pl, I think worth including separately, due to specialization on studio monitors and other recording gadgets
digitalstereophony - some basic comparisons
I added the first two. The reviews in the last one focus too much on the kind of description that drives subjective reviews. Thanks again.

pavuol

I added the first two. The reviews in the last one focus too much on the kind of description that drives subjective reviews. Thanks again.
I came across another one interesting site, it is Czech distributor of pro audio equipment, they make their own measurements with MLSSA, take a look:
https://www.prodance.cz/ - on the upper left corner - "Měření" means "Measurements" in English.
Than, for example, Speakers subsection / sorted among manufacturers:
https://www.prodance.cz/reproboxy.html - each downloadable in pdf

OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #13
OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #17
5e Engineering
Only a few loudspeakers and drivers, but why not to mention anyone? :)
I came across this web searching google if someone measured Creative Gigaworks T40 (MTM mass market PC speakers), they did.
This looks like a DIY site. Cool find.

I've wanted to know measurements of those Creative speakers for a while. Ah well. Could've been better.

thewas_

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wes Music Reviews and Discussions 3
R DIY Audio Forum 26
DChenery Music Reviews and Discussions 15