• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spinorama Explorer Project

MustaMike

Greetings Audio Science Review!

Me and a friend of mine have over the past 2 months begun on a project to create a
program capable of reading and displaying the Spinorama Speaker Measurements,
as shown on "Speaker Reviews, Measurements and Discussion". We have collected the data from this forum,
and have used

Presenting: The Spinorama Explorer (Early Beta)
http://35.207.87.88:3838/shiny-app/
1605207280923.png

Features:
- Choose from 78 Speakers and their respective Measurements (Directivity Index, Early Reflections, etc).
- View the individual Lines from each Measurement in detail
- Load up multiple speakers and compare measurements between them
- View SPL Mean measurement for each line

Future Changes:
- Improve upon many of the currently unfinished parts (Tooltip names, New Speaker Measurement Importing, etc)
- Add new features as development continues.

(As a reminder, this is still in the early stages, and requires additional Improvements, changes and additions
before being considered fully functional as a Spinorama Explorer).

We release this early beta, in order to receive any feedback and interests on this project.

Questions we have so far:
1. Does it make any sense, to utilize the Mean SPL measurement for all selected speakers, or only for one speaker?
2. Do you have any features in mind, that you wish to have included in a future release?

Have fun!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My quick feedback is to make sure vertical scale spans 50 dB as that is the standard. It would then be good to have a checkbox to force a 10:6 aspect ratio regardless of the browser width. Otherwise the graphs artificially look too flat or too detailed.

Top Bottom