• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Making further progress, TOPPING’s new flagship amplifier will be launched in late May!

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
B100
32 ohms, more than ten watts.
Except for power, other parameters of this model are better than LA90D.
The price of two units is lower than the price of one LA90D
1712753594134.jpeg

renoxd

Topping, you could try to make Integrated 2ch amp with DAC (or Powered DAC, like Sabaj A30, or SMSL VMV A2), with sub out, volumne controll etc. Would be nice to see something like that from Topping

Vladetz

Topping, you could try to make Integrated 2ch amp with DAC (or Powered DAC, like Sabaj A30, or SMSL VMV A2), with sub out, volumne controll etc. Would be nice to see something like that from Topping
Topping mx3s

Vladetz

So B100 is close to A70 Pro (T'ang-ku-la Module) which also gives 10 watts at 32 ohms. Topping headphone and speaker amps are converging

Sokel

Master Contributor
So B100 is close to A70 Pro (T'ang-ku-la Module) which also gives 10 watts at 32 ohms. Topping headphone and speaker amps are converging
I think it's 100 watt that gives,not 10.

xema

Oh,I mind skipped that,you're right.
But why 32Ohm,that's a strange spec for speakers,is that an HP amp?
if 100w@4ohm
then theoretically 50w@8ohm
25w@16
12.5w@32

well if not so perfect, it will be larger than it, so 12.5@32 is a minimum value

Vladetz

Oh,I mind skipped that,you're right.
But why 32Ohm,that's a strange spec for speakers,is that an HP amp?
It is really interesting to have 32 ohm spec for speaker amp. Maybe headphone out on the back panel? Or just an ability to work with very variable impedance speaker. Also power figure points to similarity with A70 Pro amplifier module

Sokel

Master Contributor
It is really interesting to have 32 ohm spec for speaker amp. Maybe headphone out on the back panel? Or just an ability to work with very variable impedance speaker. Also power figure points to similarity with A70 Pro amplifier module
I get it the other way,I want to know speaker's variable impedance and phase if I was ever about (never,EVER though) to use a load dependent amp to drive it so I can run my calculations with VirtuixCad,etc.
But now that you say it it's an interesting thought to see what an amp does up there.

(some include open load measurements in their data sheets and that's nice)

howard416

I don't care. They can stop building amps for all the good it's going to do me.

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't care. They can stop building amps for all the good it's going to do me.
Probably many won't as well, for sure!
They have done worst with PA5 already, and then rectified errors with PA5 II & PA 7 soon after.
They are clearly making progress to power amplifiers, might come up with something really good though.

Top Bottom