• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

OP
Kegger

Kegger

The MP60 2.1 just arrived but the certified HDMI 8K cables are not here yet. Is there any problem using basic HDMI cables for the initial set up. I hate doing nothing while I'm waiting.
You certainly can’t hurt anything for now. But if you are sending an HDMI for picture to an image processor or projector, you might have to wait for the Ruipro to get there. Good luck and let us know about how great it sounds after Room Perfect calibration.

exm

I'm looking for a option that will allow me to run a HDMI cable from my computers video/audio card to my Marantz AV 7703 at a length of 40 or 50 feet. Do either of you think this cable will work for no greater than 4k speeds?
TIA, Sal

Make sure you get the fibre optic cable. It's directional, but not "active". Works great.

exm

Can you please PM me with the details?

Send me a PM. My dealer can give you a nice discount of MSRP and carries all high-end products.

#1artist

I decided it's time to reorganize the wires. I'll have to replace a rear channel amp since it only has RCA inputs and the MP60 only has XLR connections. They also warn about using XLR/RCA adapters since it's possible the wrong pins may be used on the RCA side. I bought a bundle of zip ties.

Attachments

• wires.JPG
    wires.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 118

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It will definitely handle 4K@120 and everything below it. At 40-50 feet I would definitely go with the Ruipro to play it safe.

Make sure you get the fibre optic cable. It's directional, but not "active". Works great.
Thanks gents, At around $300 for 50' they're a bit pricey but I don't believe they're snake-oil.
If they'll work at 50' I'll be happy.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm looking for a option that will allow me to run a HDMI cable from my computers video/audio card to my Marantz AV 7703 at a length of 40 or 50 feet. Do either of you think this cable will work for no greater than 4k speeds?
TIA, Sal
For regular 4k without HDR pretty much anything should work (I used Monoprice optical) but Dolby Vision will not pass with a long active cable on an AV7703.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

exm

For regular 4k without HDR pretty much anything should work (I used Monoprice optical) but Dolby Vision will not pass with a long active cable on an AV7703.

For lengths over 30ft you need either an active or fiber optic HDMI cable.

AlexanderM

This is the one Amir says he would choose for himself.

exm

This is the one Amir says he would choose for himself.

If only Amir would test the Lyngdorf MP-40 or MP-60 2.1...

#1artist

MP60 not smooth going. Not hearing much yet. I have one of the early LG OLED65B6P and so far I can't get any sound from the LG to the MP60. The MP60 phone app will play streaming Spotify and Tidal music using the Network player in music mode. But the Tidal mounted on the LG screen will not play through MP60. I was hoping the ARC connection would work but so far nothing. ARC would not work with my Oppo 205 connection either, but I could get TV sound through the LG optical cable to the 205. But even the optical connection does not work with the MP60. I still have some special cables for my subs and rear speakers coming and RoomPerfect did not like having subs midsing in the configuration. I'm not sure why the TV and the MP60 are not getting along, probably mostly user error. I guess it's possible this older TV is not up to the task. Any help appreciated.

exm

Why are you using Arc (or is it eArch?) with such a nice unit as the MP60? My recommendation is to invest a bit of money in either the last-gen 2.1 Apple TV or the Nvidia Shield (whatever you prefer). This will give you a much superior streaming alternative.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks Jay. I don't have any Dolby Vision compatible gear so that's a non-issue.
I was just looking around and found Monoprice had the 40 foot length on a super sale for $99 with $89 off so I pulled the plug on it. Should have it in a few days so I can just plug it in before I even move anything and see if it works OK. They're great on returns so if it fails I'll just sent it back.
This will really open up my listening area if I can work things out.
I've got 20 lbs of crap here in a 9 lb sack. :(

#1artist

Why are you using Arc (or is it eArch?) with such a nice unit as the MP60? My recommendation is to invest a bit of money in either the last-gen 2.1 Apple TV or the Nvidia Shield (whatever you prefer). This will give you a much superior streaming alternative.
My son-in-law bought us the first version of Apple TV and plugged it into our LG TV when we used Oppo 205 for video. I see now that the Apple TV should be connected to a HDMI in of the MP60 since ARC will not send Dolby. I'm 75 and I need a little digital help. Thanks.

The Nvidia Shield looks like it covers a lot of digital apps. We have iphones and an ipad and a M1 Mac mini so I guess Apple would be our best fit.

Looking back, I think I could have connected the Apple TV to the Oppo 205 originally. We only got sound using optical from the TV to the Oppo. I was afraid I would still be limited to optical for the MP60 with our older OLED LG TV. Sound is important to me. We have a 7.1 Magnepan system with very good amps and I want the MP60 RoomPerfect system to correct the room EQ issues.

exm

My son-in-law bought us the first version of Apple TV and plugged it into our LG TV when we used Oppo 205 for video. I see now that the Apple TV should be connected to a HDMI in of the MP60 since ARC will not send Dolby. I'm 75 and I need a little digital help. Thanks.

The Nvidia Shield looks like it covers a lot of digital apps. We have iphones and an ipad and a M1 Mac mini so I guess Apple would be our best fit.

Looking back, I think I could have connected the Apple TV to the Oppo 205 originally. We only got sound using optical from the TV to the Oppo. I was afraid I would still be limited to optical for the MP60 with our older OLED LG TV. Sound is important to me. We have a 7.1 Magnepan system with very good amps and I want the MP60 RoomPerfect system to correct the room EQ issues.

If you need digital help as you quoted, skip the Nvidia and get the 2021 Apple TV. Super simple and works great. It also supports hdmi 2.1.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you need digital help as you quoted, skip the Nvidia and get the 2021 Apple TV. Super simple and works great. It also supports hdmi 2.1.
^This... I have both and the simplicity and reliability of the Apple TV 4k is much better in my opinion. If you have local video the app Infuse is amazing... it plays about every type of video and is so easy to use it is fantastic. Internet streaming/apps are also bug free from my experience. The only thing the apple doesn’t do is atmos on locally stored files.

Oilman

If you need digital help as you quoted, skip the Nvidia and get the 2021 Apple TV. Super simple and works great. It also supports hdmi 2.1
Except that it lacks the wonderful AI upscaling you get with the Shield Pro.

exm

Except that it lacks the wonderful AI upscaling you get with the Shield Pro.

I owned both, and I really haven't seen any visual benefits of the AI upscaler.

Top Bottom