• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to interrupt,
I have a 9.1.4 setup but also listen to music a lot on just the main speakers although I do like the way "Party" mode sounds :)
My question is: I can't seem to get the subwoofer to work when just listening to the main speakers without post processing.
Is this even possible?
Yes it is possible, I regularly use my 5.1.2 system in stereo and don't use post processing. My subs are definitely working.
The issue must be in your configuration.

Reactions: Mhk

Mhk

Need some help to get the most out of my system especially for 2 channel music. (I also use Party mode)

MP-60 + Oppo udp-205 + WiiM Pro + Shield tv

What is the best way to connect this system for Music listening with the WiiM?
I would like to make use of the Oppo's DAC for the WiiM instead of the MP-60 DAC.
Currently the WiiM is simply connected with Coax to the MP-60 and the Oppo with HDMI to the MP-60.

The Oppo has a myriad of in/outputs but the MP-60 has no analog inputs.
Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_064643_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_064643_Chrome.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20230804_064822_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_064822_Chrome.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 36

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Need some help to get the most out of my system especially for 2 channel music. (I also use Party mode)

MP-60 + Oppo udp-205 + WiiM Pro + Shield tv

What is the best way to connect this system for Music listening with the WiiM?
I would like to make use of the Oppo's DAC for the WiiM instead of the MP-60 DAC.
Currently the WiiM is simply connected with Coax to the MP-60 and the Oppo with HDMI to the MP-60.

The Oppo has a myriad of in/outputs but the MP-60 has no analog inputs.
Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Read the threads about inexpensive vs. high end DAC performance on ASR before you reject the advice below.

If you are using any sources with native digital output, use their digital output and forgo using their "better sounding" DACs.
If you need an analog input for your Lyngdorf, get a high quality A to D. I use a mini DSP Flex in my system, but there are other options available.

Question: What does the WiiM provide that the native streaming capability of the Lyngdorf doesn't provide? I use my Lyngdorf processor as a Roon endpoint so I haven't explored this topic, but I would be surprised if you need the WiiM.

Mhk

Thank for your reply. I'm going to get back to you. It's Friday happy hour :)

elmoe420

Question: What does the WiiM provide that the native streaming capability of the Lyngdorf doesn't provide? I use my Lyngdorf processor as a Roon endpoint so I haven't explored this topic, but I would be surprised if you need the WiiM.

The Lyngdorf doesn't integrate with Alexacast so you can't stream full resolution, bit perfect Amazon Music UHD directly to it. Also, the WiiM integrates directly with the Alexa Multimedia VUI (vs. using a clunky skill).

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Lyngdorf doesn't integrate with Alexacast so you can't stream full resolution, bit perfect Amazon Music UHD directly to it. Also, the WiiM integrates directly with the Alexa Multimedia VUI (vs. using a clunky skill).
Fair enough... I don't use Amazon, but if that's your thing then I guess it's important.

Mhk

Read the threads about inexpensive vs. high end DAC performance on ASR before you reject the advice below.

If you are using any sources with native digital output, use their digital output and forgo using their "better sounding" DACs.
If you need an analog input for your Lyngdorf, get a high quality A to D. I use a mini DSP Flex in my system, but there are other options available.

Interesting. I'm going to look into a A to D converter. But you would still be using the MP-60's DAC, right?
Yes, I transfered my Spotify library to Amazon music for the high resolution and the WiiM is one of the only streamers that can play Amazon UHD .
It also has a simple easy interface.
And you get a equalizer :) (don't kill me)

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The DSP (equalizer) and RoomPerfect are the best features of Lyngdorf.

I use Qobuz and Tidal for my streaming and hi rez streaming, but I imagine Amazon is fine. I have no experience with Amazon's audio service. I do have experience with heir video service which is suboptimal.

Since there is no analog input or direct signal path, you can not use the Lyngdorf and not use the built in DAC.

Top Bottom