• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier - Unable to get discrete 2.1 channels with Windows USB, only shows up as stereo "Headphones"

Mike_Hawk

I've connected my Windows 10 laptop via USB to the A30.
Under devices the A30 shows up as "Headphones (TX-384Khz Hifi Type-C Audio)" however I have no way of changing the number of channels to 2.1 so I can discretely send sound to the L, R, and Subwoofer RCA out on the A30.

Anyone run into this before?

Ultimately I want to run Equalizer APO with Peace so I can DSP room correct my setup. To do that Windows and APO need to see 2.1, not Stereo. As is all I can do is have my L/R run full range and just use the crossover built into the subwoofer, it works but not ideal.

Thanks in advance.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
It probably doesn't work that way. I don't know of any 2.1 sources/formats. Multichannel is usually 5.1 or more. It would be weird to have a 3-channel decoder/device.

I assume it just has an active crossover to send the bass from the 2-channel audio to the woofer/subwoofer and filter it out from the left & right outputs.

And if it supports true multi-channel you'd need some kind of bass management configuration utility... The default for multi-channel is to send the regular-musical bass to the 5 (or more) regular speakers with ONLY low frequency EFFECTS (the "point one" channel) to the subwoofer.

But if you have "small" surround speakers bass management is used to route ALL of the bass from all 6 (or more) channels to the subwoofer (and that's how most home theater setups are configured).

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s just a stereo device, the .1 is done on the device and is not configurable:
A30-_-ENG_04_2048x2048.jpg

This is what you get… you’ll always need a sub with a proper crossover, and there is no high pass for the L and R channels.

OP
M

Mike_Hawk

It’s just a stereo device, the .1 is done on the device and is not configurable
Well poop! At least that's good to know then that it wasn't a driver or user error.

Any of these cheapish Chifi amps have discrete multi channels? I'm lovin the small footprint of the A30 and it would stink to have to get a full size AVR. Then again I'm probably just overthinking it and I'll just live with the sub's crossover as is.

Oh and for reference I'm rocking Micca RB42 bookshelves with a Dayton Sub-1200 nearfield in my office. Having a 12 inch ported sub at your feet, is, umm, awesome. :)

Top Bottom