• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for streamer, any recomendation???

Denrode

Hello guys,

I'm looking for an streamer. In my current set up I have Audiolab7000a + Polk R700(neutral sound). I wondering if eversolo DMP-A6 would it be a good match?? I've heard it is a little bright. My budget is 1K.

very thank you all.

Last edited:

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What services do you use? WiiM pro covers a lot of them. WiiM mini if WiFi is good and you don't need or want ethernet connection.

1705533494847.png

OP
D

Denrode

Hello guys,

I'm looking for an streamer. In my current set up I have Audiolab7000a + Polk R700(neutral sound). I wondering if eversolo DMP-A6 would it be a good match?? I've heard it is a little bright. My budget is 1K.

very thank you all.
I use Tidal. Thanks!

Jasperous

If you have the inclination a Raspberry Pi with Moode (not Moose, thank you Apple Autocrustacean) is a great solution, but you need to be a little technical savvy

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wondering if eversolo DMP-A6 would it be a good match??
There's no such thing as a "good match" when pairing a transparent DAC/streamer to any system. Otherwise, it wouldn't be... transparent. ;)
I've heard it is a little bright.
Random audiophiles claim a lot of things. Most of them are rarely true. The DMP-A6 is (obviously) not bright:
1000024685.png

Plenty of options our there... Obviously, the WiiM Pro Plus comes to mind, for its tremendous value. But one could want a way better looking unit, with a quality screen and different software. If it fits your budget, go for the Eversolo, then !

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I currently use a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 and I’m very happy with it, been absolutely faultless for the 3 years I’ve owned it but if if I was buying now I think I’d go for the Eversolo, then again there’s rumours of a new CXN streamer this year.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
It’s the same question on every thread…

Which streamer?

Same Answer: WiiM
:)

FAQ on Streamers:
Which? Wiim or WiimPro or Pi with Moode.
Best sound? Doesn’t matter, all good and transparent.

Maybe we save this as a standard text somewhere ;-)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Unless you get the ’Taiko Audio extreme’ there will always be that nagging doubt at the back of your mind!

Keith

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you have the inclination a Raspberry Pi with Moose is a great solution, but you need to be a little technical savvy
The visual I have in mind here is something else.

1705597906035.jpeg

Raspberry Pi - Wikipedia Raspberry Pi - Wikipedia

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've heard it is a little bright. My budget is 1K.
A streamer won't have a sound - bright or otherwise - unless it is broken by design. And even then if you bypass the built in DAC by sending digital do your amp even that is not a risk.

You don't need to spend anything like 1K. As others have pointed out Wiim is doing a really good job right now if you are happy to control it from your phone. I'd be looking at the Wiim pro.

Or if you fancy a bit of DIY - have a look at my Ras PI based streamer with 7 inch touch screen:
Pi based streamer

Jasperous

Jasperous

Especially so! Those high heeled boots are fabulous, but not the best for warmth!

Attachments

• IMG_0610.jpeg
    IMG_0610.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom