• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer suggestions for 2.1 system

98pm89

Hello all,

I'm looking to add an Apple Music streamer to a 2.1 setup below. Anything outside of Fiio R7 and/or eversolo DMP-A6 that I should consider for lossless and HiRes playback?

Amp: Yamaha A-S801
Speakers: KEF R5 Metas
SW: SVS SB-3000

Thanks,

staticV3

Master Contributor
WiiM Pro Plus connected to the A-S801 via RCA.

With a UMIK-1 and REW running on a laptop, you can use the WiiM's built-in 4-band Parametric EQ to apply some basic room correction :)

Last edited:
OP

98pm89

Thanks, I had another thought - since Fiio R7 and DMP-A6 are just Android OSs running Apple Music app with a screen, and since I use an iPhone 15 Pro already, I may just use the USB-C to TosLink converter from the phone and feed the TosLink into A-S801 for lossless and HiRes playback.

OP

98pm89

Update: On testing, discovered yesterday that a $20 USB-C to TosLink from Amazon is not supported by iOS 17 (iphone 15 pro) but works fine for the MacOS as source. Plan B: Run the video+audio from Apple TV 4k to TV and feed the audio from the TV to the amp. Plan C: Use MacOS / Macbook Pro as a temporary streamer as the dust settles on DMP-A6/A8.

SW: SVS SB-1000 Pro

My goal is to play lossless and HiRes Lossless audio from Apple Music on the R5 Metas.

Top Bottom