• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for music with meaningful ultrasonic content

radix

Major Contributor
The second problem is with regard to IMD in speakers/amplifiers. Here one idea is to listen in mono instead and use one of the speakers just for the ultrasonics.
What is the goal? Is it to show that ultrasonics can make a difference to a person with a typical setup, or that under some contrived parameters one can detect (much less prefer) ultrasonic content?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the goal? Is it to show that ultrasonics can make a difference to a person with a typical setup, or that under some contrived parameters one can detect (much less prefer) ultrasonic content?
From what I could glean from various posts it's about OP testing their ability to detect (or perhaps detect and prefer) But given tweeters that can play up to 40khz (seems the top limit OP is bothered about) can't be had cheap, unless they can get some loaners to do the listening tests, it's going to be a cart before horse scenario.

OP
V

vintologi

From what I could glean from various posts it's about OP testing their ability to detect (or perhaps detect and prefer) But given tweeters that can play up to 40khz (seems the top limit OP is bothered about) can't be had cheap, unless they can get some loaners to do the listening tests, it's going to be a cart before horse scenario.
I think i will refrain from posting about my speaker project until i have proper measurements showing that they are indeed solid. I want to have better speakers than amir (at least for a while).

Tweeters that are within ±1 dB up to 20Khz tends to perform decently well beyond that anyway, you basically get the ultrasonics reproduction for free.

Top Bottom