• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for in wall surround speaker recommendations <$600/pair

I’ve been working on creating a balance in our basement media room between audio performance and kid friendly/space maximization. My front stage has always been my priority and is Audio Physic Classic 30s and Classic Center.

I’d like to replace my current KEF Q150s with sone in walls, placement as marked in green. I’ve found it harder than expected to find any reviews. I’m seeing people saying they either love or hate the Focal 100 series. The other option I’m seeing some possible good feedback is Revel W363.

Would greatly appreciate any ideas/feedback
IMG_6093.jpeg

Open Mind Audio

Will these be used as surrounds or mains? I remain open to using in-wall speakers as surrounds, and certainly for Atmos effects in a fully immersive home theater setup. But after putting in some very good Monitor Audio in-walls in our kitchen stereo set-up several years ago, I'll never use them again as mains. Even with a sub, it was just constantly disappointing and I yearned for the previous 2-way boxes I had bracket-mounted to the wall. My wife hates speakers on the wall but even she was a harsh critic of the sound from the in-walls.

Not helpful perhaps but that's my data point.

OP
M
Will these be used as surrounds or mains? I remain open to using in-wall speakers as surrounds, and certainly for Atmos effects in a fully immersive home theater setup. But after putting in some very good Monitor Audio in-walls in our kitchen stereo set-up several years ago, I'll never use them again as mains. Even with a sub, it was just constantly disappointing and I yearned for the previous 2-way boxes I had bracket-mounted to the wall. My wife hates speakers on the wall but even she was a harsh critic of the sound from the in-walls.

Not helpful perhaps but that's my data point.
These will be surrounds

Top Bottom